LegacyGT.com

Did something kill my suspension mount?

jholder

You might want to talk to your insurance agency and make them aware of the situation in case there are other hidden damages. If the cost of repairs ends up being $$$$ it may be worth filing a claim depending on your coverages and deductables.

You might want to talk to your insurance agency and make them aware of the situation in case there are other hidden damages. If the cost of repairs ends up being $$$$ it may be worth filing a claim depending on your coverages and deductables.

Already considering that. I have full coverage, and I believe my deductible for this kind of thing is $100. I'm gonna need to look at how a claim will affect my rates vs. the repair cost. I need to get it into a frame shop to take a look at it.

--james

I know how it goes: I once drilled a big chunk of concrete that must have come out of a pothole, which destroyed a wheel bearing on my old Contour.

The other thing you *might* try is to go after the city/county/state that owns the road. Around here, if there's a major, documented, pothole that claims numerous cars you can sometimes file a claim with them. It's a PITA, of course, but a buddy of mine did it here last year.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

You know, I bet I even know what happened.

I was driving back from Pittsburgh, chugging along on the highway (~ 74mph), and I saw a pothole about .3 seconds before I hit it. I heard something that sounded remarkably like... Well something knocking the shit out of the bumpstop. I actaully pulled over and looked at the tire and everything because it was so loud. Waited a few minutes to see if the tire was ok, then drove on home. This was about 4 hours after I bought the car.

Ok, that's the bad news. So what are my options here? New strut and beating the tower back into shape? Having to re-spot weld another piece of steel into place?

I haven't noticed any drivability problems yet, no tracking or pulling or anything. I just ordered some new springs and swaybars, and I'm concerned about how this tower out of wack, might affect the rest of the suspension setup.

--james

same thing happened to me... 3 times!! freaking freeway, after 5 months they finally fixed it... let me go check underhood now...:(

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

• 5 years later...

Any follow up on this issue? I Just bought an 05 LGT wagon and it has the same thing on the same side.. car pulls to the right was going to get it aligned, but want to know about replacing the strut tophat first or not..

car has 60k on it, and only small chipping around the radius, not as bad as these photos.

• 2 years later...

Was looking for this thread for something else.It's been... 7+ years...

The only issues I ever saw from this was a damaged rim, and the severe need for an alignment.

edit: I did put on a new tophat, the tire was damaged (bulged out) and had to be replaced, and I did need to replace the wheel as well with another stock wheel.

After that, it's been fine.

Archived