LegacyGT.com

Exhaust options for wagons?

FroMan

I've been doing a bit of digging lately for exhaust options for my 2.5gt wagon. I came across a few threads that mentioned issues with droning etc.

Anyone have a good or bad comment about a perticular exhaust on their wagon? Any brands not fit?

I just got done fitting my Stromung exhaust on my OBXT. Oh man! It's pure sex! This is my second stromung (first was on my 02 wrx). I love the ultra deep rumble of them. I don't think that I'll ever go with a different brand.

I gotta get some pics and clips up soon.

Any exhaust that you put on a wagon will drone. I used to have a Lachute mufflers but now I have the Prodrive. The problem with the wagon is there's nothing that separates the passenger cabin fron the compartment area like the sedan.

Any exhaust that you put on a wagon will drone. I used to have a Lachute mufflers but now I have the Prodrive. The problem with the wagon is there's nothing that separates the passenger cabin fron the compartment area like the sedan.

Which one is quieter?

I'm afraid you are right:( Even the Prodrives alone with a catless downpipe(rest stock) drone.

Even the "Hogshaust Mod" is a tad loud:lol: :lol:

WRT droning, I had a Supersprint muffler on my '95 GS-R coupe that was AWESOME! The hatchback configuration is pretty much the same as a wagon, and I'm sure that car wasn't sound deadened as well as my LGTL wagon, but the sound of that muffler was, for me anyway, perfect. No difference in sound at steady state driving, just a tiny bit of extra growl on lift and just a little more growl on acceleration. Pity they don't make one for the Legacy, tho I'm not sure if it would work as well as the Integra's. I saw a review of WRX exhaust systems and the Supersprint was pretty loud compared to some of the others.

Anyway, you can always turn up the stereo if the drone bugs ya. I find Crystal Method and Prodigy are particularly effective at car noise suppression with minimal ear canal bleeding:)

I just got done fitting my Stromung exhaust on my OBXT. Oh man! It's pure sex! This is my second stromung (first was on my 02 wrx). I love the ultra deep rumble of them. I don't think that I'll ever go with a different brand.

I gotta get some pics and clips up soon.

I'd be interested to know what you think after a week or two. Do you have a up & down pipe installed also? If you don't mind me asking, what did the Stromung run you and where did you order it from?

I like my SP2. No drone in my opinion.

At first I thought it was to quite, but after a few monthes of living with it I think its just right.

I'm a little imbarrased by the huge tips however. And I dont care for the rolled lips.

• 2 months later...
I've heard leaving the stock mufflers when going with an aftermarket (more open exhaust) makes for a fairly quiet setup. Yes, the stock tips flow a bit less but it wouldn't register on a butt dyno. I think patagoniaGT has this set up on his wagon maybe he'll chime in here.

Archived