LegacyGT.com

ICY PHOENIX Legacy GT Sport Wagon Off To Mid Ohio Grand Am Cup Race...

Phoenixlegacy

Good morning everyone and hello to all of our friends and supporters who will be coming to Mid Ohio this weekend, as well as to those who would love to be there but can't make the long trek...

The crew loaded the car and trailer yesterday and shoved off for MO last night for another exciting round of the Grand Am Cup ST class racing... Practice starts on Thursday, continues Friday and Saturday, with the race on Sunday about noon time......

Included in the trailer were a couple of items only a sport wagon could enjoy... Car seats for the kids who want to ride in the back, a big fluffy pillow for the shop dog and 27 bags of groceries and folding chairs, picnic blankets and who knows what else...

Of course, with the Subaru, there should always be time for fun, with core technologies like symmetrical all wheel drive, boxer 4 cylinder engines and turbo charging... We are very pleased with the performance so far at Lime Rock, and working to fit in with the class and demonstrate the performance and all around speed of the Legacy GT... Subaru has built a fine automobile in Indiana, and we thank all of the Subaru folks who have worked hard to make this car as good as it is right off the showroom floor.

Grand Am Cup Rules don't allow much modification beyond the roll cage, safety equipment and suspension... We race with a stock driveline, full stock exhaust (except for a gutted cat) and stock turbo boost. It will be fun to see how this all stacks up against the BMW's, Acuras, Hondas and Cobalts etc that come to race...

Drivers this weekend will be Dave Rosenblum and Kris Skaness... Both are experienced drivers with Subarus and AWD and are looking forward to the recently repaved Mid Ohio...

So, If you happen to be in the area, stop by to see us in the Paddock... I will try to keep every one up to date with occasional posts about the progress through the weekend. If you are at the track, please stop by and say hi and look the car over... We like cars, especially Subarus, so if you have any questions about your Subaru, feel free to ask and if we don't know the answers, we will find them, or make them up... Just kidding...

We look forward to seeing everyone there and appreciate your support.

Thanks for the update. Will this be a televised event (at some time in the future)? Would definitely like to see any video of the Leggy in action.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

TV is posted for July 9 at 11am on speed channell...

By the way... Dave reported in that a heavy storm ripped through the paddock just as the ST cars were on the track...

Heavy winds, rain and lots of damage... Trees down, trailers overturned and canopies blown away...

Fortunately not much damage to the ICY Phoenix team, but some teams had a lot of damage to their equipment. Apparently several people were taken to the hospital, it is unclear how serious their injuries were... lets all hope no one was eriously injured..

Cleanup operations were underway both at the track and around the nearby towns... A drivers meeting is scheduled for 8:30am today to update everyone on a revised schedule as required...

Joel Gat has posted some pictures from the track on the Go To post on the Nasioc forum... Thanks Joel for the posts and updates... Also, I will be leaving from the shop this aftyernoon... Let me know if you need anything and if we have it I can bring it along... 610-482-0141.

More later as the guys call in with reports...

Thanks for the info re July 9th Speed Channel broadcast.

Sounds like the track area might have experienced an inland hurricane (happened in July 2004 in NW PA) and wreaked havoc on everyone and everything.

Good luck and will look forward to pictures and updates.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 weeks later...
TV is posted for July 9 at 11am on speed channell...

I have that race on my DVR, and I can make a DVD or MPG of it if any one wants to review it. There are a few good shots of the wagon, as they show some pesky Porsche.

Archived