LegacyGT.com

ripped about fm modulator

armypilot

Just have to vent.

I am pretty ripped about tearing apart the dash to install a wired modulator for my palm, only to find that SOA apparently decided to use a non-standard antenna cable, rendering the modulator useless:mad:

To make matters worse, I scratched the side trim piece in the process!:soap_box:

I am starting to miss my '98 Outback limited (minus the launchability of the GT)

Subaru's USED to be SO easy to work on the audio systems.

+3 happy customers for Jazzy, I actually ripped out the FM modulator to put it in, and it was like Christmas to my ears.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

I know, after I "cooled off" I figured that it was going to be the best route to do.

What I wonder is this - I saw that the 07 has an aux in in the center box next to the aux power. Does anyone if this is something we can retro fit out current radios with? I think it is the spec B that I saw the "aux in" in. Those have the 6 disc changers in them as well (crosses fingers)

I know, after I "cooled off" I figured that it was going to be the best route to do.

What I wonder is this - I saw that the 07 has an aux in in the center box next to the aux power. Does anyone if this is something we can retro fit out current radios with? I think it is the spec B that I saw the "aux in" in. Those have the 6 disc changers in them as well (crosses fingers)

You'd probably be able to retrofit the 07 armrest aux in with a Jazzy aux in 05/06 radio, but not on the stock 05/06 radio (there's no changer or aux in ports, thus the Jazzy solution).

The current suspicion is that the 07 radio will be plug and play with the 05/06 radios but it's all just speculation currently. However cost of a new radio is like $500! But at that point you probably wouldn't need the Jazzy solution then, just have to wire the aux in.

So it's a wait of at least a few months and $500+ or it's the Jazzy solution for $45 and a wait of a week or so.

Archived