LegacyGT.com

Cleaning Perrin air filter question

c-lo

did a quick search, found nothing.

need to clean my perrin air filter. a buddy of mine has a cleaning kit from his K&N filter system. Can I use this on the perrin?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Look here: http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/legacy/filter_cleaning.htm

They sell a cleaning kit.

I also have a question though. How often does the Perrin filter have to be cleaned?

yeah, know about the kit, just don't want to buy it:lol: especially if someone wants to give me a similiar one free!!!!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I think that any type of degreasing cleaner that's rubber/plastic-safe should be fine....

What you're looking for is some kind of de-greaser, the water-spray thereafter, to wash-off the element, is what really blasts off all the junk.

I ordered a "Perrin" cleaner set from OptionsAutoSalon (since I ordered other stuff from them at the same time), and what came was a "generic" cleaning kit, "suitable for all foam-element intakes."

Honestly, it smelled, felt, and acted just like non-chlorinated brake-cleaner fluid.

Anyone know if it's just the same stuff, but packaged in an aerosol bottle that has a nozzle which is made so it doesn't produce enough pressure to "rip through" the foam element?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

did a quick search, found nothing.

need to clean my perrin air filter. a buddy of mine has a cleaning kit from his K&N filter system. Can I use this on the perrin?

You can clean the Perrin filter with the K&N solvent, but the oil the K&N kit comes with it too thin and not sticky enough for the foam Perrin filter. The Perrin filter is just a Uni filter, so you can search for cleaning kits for Uni filters.

You can clean the Perrin filter with the K&N solvent, but the oil the K&N kit comes with it too thin and not sticky enough for the foam Perrin filter. The Perrin filter is just a Uni filter, so you can search for cleaning kits for Uni filters.

+1

Archived