LegacyGT.com

Pearl White w/window Tint pics

brad21

Veddy nice. I'm definitely going to tint my white wagon (when I get it in Nov). 50% front and 35% rear is "legal" in WI, but I'll probably do 35% all the way around... or maybe like yours. I'd hate to get a "fix-it" ticket for it, but it's worth a shot. (BTW, the countryside in Bend looks nice from the pics)

20% is legal in California so even though I'm in Oregon I thought I'd just go with the legal flow. All the pics I posted were taken on the extreme N. California and Oregon coast area. I'm actually working in Brookings, Or right now which is just a stone's throw over the border. Bend is nice too though. :)

Check that: I think the guy told me that 35% is legal for the fronts in California, you can go with whatever for the rears. They also had a 5% which is basically like a limo and so dark you need to put your face up to the window to see who's inside!

[quote name='brad21']I went with 35% front, 20% rears. Not the best pics, but you get the idea...[/quote] Really, really nice with the tint. Love that color. That's the target coverage I'm shooting for to keep me legal in Cali. What was the color/composition of your tint? Any metallic? Did you do it yourself or have it done? What dos a full wrap go for in today's market? I've found that the tint does more than keep the car cool it also keeps the direct sun off of the interior, cloth, vinyl or leather and it's definitely nice to sit on a seat that's not scourching hot. In conjunction with the tint, I use a full window "shield" that keeps the heat and the sun off of the dash and steering wheel too. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='Subietonic'][quote name='brad21']I went with 35% front, 20% rears. Not the best pics, but you get the idea...[/quote] Really, really nice with the tint. Love that color. That's the target coverage I'm shooting for to keep me legal in Cali. SBT[/quote] Sorry to go OT here, but legal tints in CA are: Front windshield: None allowed Windows behind driver: unlimited as long as you have side mirrors Side windows next to driver: 70% Net transmission Since factory glass is already at around 80% transmission, you basically can only put a completely clear UV blocking film in the front side windows. 35% on the fronts will get you pulled over depending on how strict the local LE is. Some places don't care, others will use it as a easy ticket. The only exception to having front side windows tinted is if you have a medical condition, backed up by a doctor's letter that you need to carry in your car, that requires tinting. It's not spelled out clearly but, here are the official rules on CA tinting: [url]http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm[/url] Ken

I went with 35% front, 20% rears. Not the best pics, but you get the idea...

Really, really nice with the tint. Love that color. That's the target coverage I'm shooting for to keep me legal in Cali.

What was the color/composition of your tint? Any metallic? Did you do it yourself or have it done? What dos a full wrap go for in today's market? I've found that the tint does more than keep the car cool it also keeps the direct sun off of the interior, cloth, vinyl or leather and it's definitely nice to sit on a seat that's not scourching hot. In conjunction with the tint, I use a full window "shield" that keeps the heat and the sun off of the dash and steering wheel too.

SBT

No metallic, as far as I know. It has to go back to the place that did it for some finish-up so I'll ask. I think it is Sunguard brand and they did the whole thing for $175, which is at least $50-125 cheaper than other places I shopped! Cha-ching! :D

The view does rock from the rented apartment. Yesterday evening I took a pop of the Cayman Rum sitting on the stairs down to the beach and did some beachcombing while the tide was out. Nice cap to an otherwise tiring day in the office!

1467653527_legacygt.comsticker.jpg.7bb6d5ba158496aa28c350bef510be4c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='axis008']Brad, your white wagon looks really, really good! I'm leaning towards the SWP sedan but looking at your wagon doesn't help! :D[/quote] Thanks axis. The tinting gave it a whole new character and it is much more pleasant inside when the sun is blaring. I love it! :)

Just going to say that tinting the front two windows at all in Cali is definitely illegal, so if you're going to do it you might as well do it the same all the way around. I have to say those pics do look pretty nice, but I think it looks much better when all windows are the same darkness, but that's just me.

Brad, your white wagon looks really, really good! I'm leaning towards the SWP sedan but looking at your wagon doesn't help! :D

I had an A4 sedan, great car and had a 60/40 split back seat that would lay down and accomodate a bike nicely. The LGT sedan didn't have that option, plus I've got kids and dogs. End of story=wagon. Plus it was hard for the wife to get mad when I came home with a new AWD white station wagon. :) Initially she was upset to see the Audi gone, but everytime she drives the LGT now she comes home with a "turbo smile" on her face.

Oh yeah, the guy that did my tint (mind you this is an Oregon car) said that 35% was legal in California. Just keeping in mind re-sale, not sure that it would really matter, I went with the 35/20 combo. It really looks pretty even IMO and much better than some that went lighter in the front.

Another pic:

subey10.jpg.1c8a813372f590af973a07c317635e3a.jpg

Archived