LegacyGT.com

Baja stereo better than spec b's

hovied

So I'm driving a loaner car(Baja) because my spec b needs some work and I'm pissed because the stereo in Baja is better than the spec b. It has some rinky dink stock head unit but the bass response and high's are waaaaaaaaay better. I cant believe it!!!!!:icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad:

tHe HoV

even with a Nav system you can get one. The dealer asked me if I have nav and I asked why he said because its more expensive because there are different brackets to locate it under the passenger seat instead of the driver. They wanted like $400 installed:lol: $200 for plug installation when it comes with a wiring harness I think not.

even with a Nav system you can get one. The dealer asked me if I have nav and I asked why he said because its more expensive because there are different brackets to locate it under the passenger seat instead of the driver.
This must be a recent introduction. Even today, when you go to http://subaru.com and do a "Build Your Own" with a Legacy GT Limited automatic, if you select Navigation System, you're not offered the sub-woofer option. When I ordered my spec.B the sub-woofer option definitely wasn't available.

You don't even need a bracket for the under-seat factory sub. I used velcro (on the bottom of the sub, and on the exposed metal "bar" on the floor under the passenger seat), and it hasn't moved since I installed it back in Dec. Makes it a lot easier to remove and adjust the settings, too. :)

-Mike-

• 2 weeks later...
So I'm driving a loaner car(Baja) because my spec b needs some work and I'm pissed because the stereo in Baja is better than the spec b. It has some rinky dink stock head unit but the bass response and high's are waaaaaaaaay better. I cant believe it!!!!!:icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad:

since you got your spec b for like $4K under invoice (as you say), i'm sure you can afford some aftermarket upgrades

• 1 year later...
Check under the passenger seat! I was driving my girlfriends Baja and decided to blast the stereo. Holy sh!t that thing bumped! I couldn't figure it out until I looked under there. I think it's just a 10" sub, but that thing sounds killer!

Archived