LegacyGT.com

Springs installed in Santa Barbara?

crossdog

Has anyone had springs installed in the 805 area code. Shops in Santa Barbara are asking 300 to 700 dollars. This seems a little high from what I have read in other posts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

yes it does seem REAL high of a price...are you installing them on your stock struts? or after market?...their fairly easy, rent or borrow a "strut spring compressor" (make sure its not a coil spring one) and compress the coil, to install on the strut. then install. no offence but their really easy. i did mine on a BE chasis while changing the oil, and tranny fluid/filter on a BD in about 2.5-3 hours. it takes minimal tools 2 sockets, a ratchet, and a box end wrench (plus obviously a jack and stands) i hope some of this helps.

haha, I line it up.. facing a wall, look away.. and bang it out with my air impact.

You think these things pop free hard? Try a S2000! All corners fly. I usually pop those inside a big box so that I can catch everything.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

haha, I line it up.. facing a wall, look away.. and bang it out with my air impact.

You think these things pop free hard? Try a S2000! All corners fly. I usually pop those inside a big box so that I can catch everything.

:lol: Yup, there isn't that much preload on the springs compared to Hondas. I've done springs on a couple Hondas too and those suckers launch! I'd have no problem doing the rear springs on an LGT with hand tools, since there is hardly any preload on them, but the fronts would be pretty dicey.

^^ How the heck did you get a hand tool (plus allen wrench) onto the top bolt on the front strut assemblies???... or are you talking about your 2001? On my 2005 that's the only thing I couldn't manage with hand tools, although I cheated on the infamously tight rear lower mount, as well.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

^^ How the heck did you get a hand tool (plus allen wrench) onto the top bolt on the front strut assemblies???... or are you talking about your 2001? On my 2005 that's the only thing I couldn't manage with hand tools, although I cheated on the infamously tight rear lower mount, as well.

There are ratchets specifically made for this with a hole in the middle :)

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Archived