LegacyGT.com

COBB TUNING Sponsors the #93 Grand-Am Cup Subaru Legacy GT

ChrisLock

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/cobbgt.jpg

6/19/2006 Scotts Valley, CA – GOTO:Racing announced today that it has signed with automotive aftermarket mogul COBB TUNING. The deal cements COBB’s role as the primary sponsor of the team’s Grand-Am Cup efforts for the balance of the season, and will serve to further drive GOTO’s future success in Professional Road Racing.

Read more at www.gotoracing.com

Hello,

Oh how we wish we could hear our own engine... but nope, gotta run stock intake through exhaust, from stock paper airfilter to stock mufflers (cats gutted), according to the rules. Makes us the quietest car on the field - if you're in the hot pits and you're not looking at the track, you won't notice the LGT go by.

GAC made a smart move. They started us off at bone stock to keep us from dominating. As the season goes, they can evaluate and add power, remove weight, etc., to get us where they want us. Of course, given our performance at Laguna and Phoenix, the only allowance we've gotten so far is an extra 50 pounds of lead :D

Joel

Does the new sponsor mean you'll get to go to some extra events this year?

Yes. Mid-Ohio and Barber were not permanently part of our calandar until COBB came on board. Their involvment will singlehandedly extend our GAC season from 3 stops to 5. This will allow us to complete half the evernts, and hopefully make a bid for a top 10 in season points.

Also will there be free promotional AP for your fans?;)

T-Shirts(coming soon) are being made that will be sold off the COBB TUNING website that will feature the LGT in COBB livery. There is a chance we may have a limited supply of this first run at Mid-Ohio.

Chris Lock

Little late to this thread. :redface: Congrats - and again, being a "fellow Atlantic Blue" sedan, I cheer for y'all extra-hard!

Hey, in addition to the T-shirts, are y'all gonna have some (small-sized, please!) decals printed up so that we can show our support on our vehicles, too? :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hello,

I hate to send y'all to NASIOC, but we gotta get some sleep and over my EVDO, playing with these pictures is too slow. I think THE TORNADO we had took out some cell towers...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14254121

Pictures up of some of the damage. Let me tell you... this was a crazy start to a race weekend!

In Short: Brian got to experience the wind moving his car while he was driving at full speed, and then all heck broke loose and trailers flipped, pit carts fell over, etc... and in fact, the local town is a mess, too - trees snapped and stuff everywhere.

Joel

Archived