LegacyGT.com

Intake Advice

The Don

...Im not looking for a lot of power gain.. i want more of an agressive sound while getting some power.....

If this is truly your desire, then yes, it's money well spent.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I really can't comment at this time. The car needs to learn a little bit I hope. It is MUCH smoother for sure, midrange seem stronger. I did 1320' run after about ten miles of driving. In fourth gear it cut out and threw a P0244 code. I ran a shitty time because it shut down (13.4 sec @95mph), but what disturbed me was I am down about 20 ponies according to my G-timer. I did a run last week, almost the same ambient, and registered 322 fwhp. Last night the best I saw was 282 with the I/C sprayed dumping a gallon a minute.....LOL

:icon_conf Need to put some more miles on it to give an accurate comment. MUCH, MUCH smoother I will say. Even at cruise, it seems to purr smoother than before.

The boost is really high, spiking 19psi and holding 15 or so.

I'm going to log some data tonight and compare. Who knows, I might have got a shitty tank of gas last night too.

Whatever it is, I'm not worried, TDC will get it straightened out IF there really is a problem. In short, the jury is still out. BTW, wow, that flash took a long time.

Hmm sounds like it could be a few things, gas, weather, etc.

Drive it some more, there is no way the Cobb map makes omre power then ours. So I wouldn't trust that G-Timer too much.

Keep me updated

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

Absolutly, I assume relative humidity and baro has alot to do with power along with ambient.

I am very impressed with the midrange rollon, and the smoothness. Still disappointed withthe very high end range, but I will need the DP/UP to make an huge improvement in that area. (input welcome on that comment) The Cobb Catted DP is only $575.00 and I can get an STI up for 250 with gaskets.

Oh I almost forgot, the car is much easier to get off the line on a hard launch, no bogging and the turbo does spool quicker.

Joe, what do you think about the P0244? Needs to learn more???

Damn don't bother with an STI Up for 250 that is a rip. Buy the Invidia UP from us. Super good quality and over $100 cheaper then that STi pipe.

I need to look up what P0244 is I don't know off the top of my head

P0244, Wastegate solenoid performance/range.

I just remembered.......I had the hose blow off of the MAP/IAT sensor a while back, maby I should check the wastegate soleniod hoses. Goin to lunch to take a peek.

I'm going on your website to check out that UP. I'm just concerned about fit and leaks, thats why I wanted the OE STI style.

what do you mean? An AP and a protune or just the protune?

If you mean just a protune.....same day usually. AP if wordered is like 4-5 days shipped. Depending on mail speed.

PM me if you need more detils

Archived