LegacyGT.com

being auto it doesn't even matter... you'll lose unless he screws up his launch.

End of Story!

btw I'm a member of s2ki.net and have been for awhile and have a decent knowledge base on s2k's as I was going to purchase one before I bought my LGT.(needed 4 doors so went with the LGT)

Actually he probably has the BENEFIT of being the Auto here. The Stage II 5EAT is no slouch. They are only a few WHP shy of the MTs at this point and teh TQ converter makes them crazy off the line.

If you look the best 60's times are by stock VF40 stage II 5EATs. They just get off the line better. As they move along is where they lose, not out the shoot.

Good luck. Interesting matchup

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

Well, if your boss' s2000 has a Comptech supercharger kit, he is putting out about 300 horsepower at the wheels 350 at the crank and weighs about 2800 lbs. It is a potent package to say the least.

I agree with the sentiment that from a standstill the AWD might put you on top for the race, but from a rolling start you will most likely get destroyed.

Point him to me… I'll uphold my Legacy brethren… I can meet him at Capital anytime he wants ;)

Seriously the S2000’s are a quick sports car, but that said they lack in power and traction when used on the drag-strip. They’re light as hell, but that works against them for the first 1/3 of the track. Wheel spin is excessive, low end power is weak once they get traction. They’re a low 14 car in stock form. A supercharger is going to certainly add 1+ seconds to that time, however he’ll still have to battle with traction problems.

with a supercharger, it's a different story.. the power comes on gradually for it, unlike having a quick boosting turbo.. if the S2K did have a larger top end turbo, he can still just start off slow and just let the turbo do all the work for it on the top end of 9000+ rpms..

if done right, the S2K can also sport some wider stickier tires to help out (and possibly a better LSD), but a veteran drag driver doesnt have to worry about wheel spins.. that's the only hope that an automatic legacy driver can hope that the S2K would spin wheels...

It's not the cars that have the variables, it's the driver that is the key to finding out the answer between the two cars in my opinion:

16/17 year old in a Stage 2 GT with an auto vs some older experience MT driver with a S2K with a blower...

two major factors come in my thoughts:

Brake Torque Launch vs. Minimal wheel spin off a RWD car

When shifting comes involved:

Sport mode with an eager driver wanting to upshift, hits the buttons twice too fast to get the car to do 2-gear jump

vs. stick driver mis-shifted into 2-3 which is a crucial set of gears to give up on the pull.

I still say the S2K would win simply that top end of that car will come back and bite back. You can try to run away as fast and as far as you can out of the dig, but the S2K will come back and catch up. On paper (at least) the numbers simply just dont add up for the GT to win in this case. If it was a stock S2k, ok, that would make some sense, but for the S2K being close to 700 lbs lighter, I dont see it as a traction problem once the car is rolling.. and unlike a turbo, superchargers from a standstill is great for traction, the boost doesnt come on until you start climbing the rpms.. start low on the supercharger, get grip, and then start adding the throttle smoothly. Superchargers is like having an NA motor on crack, it's responds instaneously unlike a turbo. The smoother the driver is in a NA/SC car.. the better the speed the car is going to see. Turbos you can get sloppy, and there's a lot more compensation that the driver has to do to make the turbo work for them, but the payoff is huge when everything is done right.

xcntrk, you're on another planet with that car :p Even I just watch you pull away from me out of the hole. it's fun to watch you fly out of the box at the 60'.. that's the only story you need to see when it's turbo AWD drives going at it ;)

Keefe

xcntrk, you're on another planet with that car :p Even I just watch you pull away from me out of the hole. it's fun to watch you fly out of the box at the 60'.. that's the only story you need to see when it's turbo AWD drives going at it ;)

Yeah I was having major traction problems that day too… Last time I was there, they doused the starting gate down spraying traction additive like crazy before they opened. Even 5,5k launches would bog. So this time I upped the launch-control to 6k and I guess they didn’t use the traction additive as I was fighting excessive wheel-spin every time. My best 60ft was only a 1.79… If I could get the launch worked out, I bet I could nail a 1.6 or better hopefully ringing in the low 12’s… :icon_bigg

getting a 1.6 60' is pretty godly if I say so myself.. I am still dealing with 2.0s and 1.9s as of this day.. it's just that itch of NOT redlighting that kills my launch as I am slipping the clutch to get it to creep past the 2nd trip light rather than just giving it a faster dump.

I guess it's only good practice for me not to redlight because in the Prosolo, that's just basically giving a free win for the other person.

I guess in street racing, none of that matters, so why not just punch it and go.. so what if anyone has a head start in street racing, a win is a win, right? I love how vague street racing is.. there's no determined finish line or even a start :lol:

Keefe

Archived