LegacyGT.com

AC won't work

Well, i'm happy to report that i picked up my car this morning only to find that indeed, there was no replacement necessary, they recharged the system with the dye or whatever, couldn't find a leak, it blows cold air, no charge, covered under warranty. i'll give it a week before i call subaru to complain, just in case there is in fact a leak and they just didn't find it, or if it's all gravy and just needed recharged. it pains me to say it, but Hatfield Subaru, you want 800 dollars, come eat it out of my ass. Ellacott Shaker Subaru rocks.

I'm glad to hear the A/C is now working and your local dealer took the time to check it correctly....but....A/C systems are sealed...and if it lost it's freon once, it'll do it again. At least they added the dye so the leak will be easy to find.

Glad to hear that Ellacott was good to a fellow LGTer.... :D

But I, too, am wondering exactly what was the initial/root cause of your problems?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

In my case, after 5 trips to the dealership they finally fixed my a/c. It was a leak in the simplest of places, the pressure line right behind the compressor. SOA decided to give me a 7yr/100k extended warranty for my troubles, received the letter of apology and warranty from SOA on Friday. That's fine and dandy but I had already purchased the same warranty after the third trip in to the dealer for the a/c. Figured if it was going to give me that much trouble I would be better off buying the warranty. All is good now, hope your troubles turn for the better.

Archived