LegacyGT.com

Preliminary Cobb sway review

robinlsb

Kudos to Cobb! (This is a LGT Wagon review). The car finally handles the way way it should have from the factory. Lean is almost gone, turn in is now precise and that funny feeling at the limit of tire adhesion is gone.

I now have trust in the car in fast corners. If you want to see what a wagon can do, put a set of these in. The car now feels like a VW GTI !

Next up , trying the stiff setting on the rear bar. (I prefer oversteer).:icon_bigg

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

What size are the cobb swaybars? Do you have the stock coil springs?Thanks

Think in terms of stiffness. The front bar is 50% stiffer than stock and the rear car is 195% stiffer than stock at the soft setting. I have stock springs

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Funny Feeling...as in "seat sucked up your rear end???

More like the car could not decide whether to oversteer or understeer.

More like the car could not decide whether to oversteer or understeer.

So you would consider them neutral? Is it worth the money, I though it was a pretty good deal for the whole package. Does it signifantly improve the handling over stock w/o springs?

Sway bars really help. I have whiteline F&R bars on my '05 5mt ltd wagon. The car has a stock setup except for the 225/35/19 on my 19"x7.5". On rail is a understatement. I have mine set on soft. Ride is stil nice.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

So you would consider them neutral? Is it worth the money, I though it was a pretty good deal for the whole package. Does it signifantly improve the handling over stock w/o springs?

A great buy IMHO. The car is a totally different animal now. Feels more like a stock STI now, that riding on rails feeling.

Front is a hollow 25 mm.

Rear is a hollow 22 mm.

They are the best out there IMO.

FWIW I had problems with mine rubbing (car is lowered 3.75 inch in the rear) and I informed COBB of the problem. COBB (because of my call) confirmed they have also had the same problem with their lowered LGT and are working on a fix.

My guess is the correct fix is a longer rear and-link.

:)

Sway bars really help. I have whiteline F&R bars on my '05 5mt ltd wagon. The car has a stock setup except for the 225/35/19 on my 19"x7.5". On rail is a understatement. I have mine set on soft. Ride is stil nice.

Tried the stiffer setting yesterday, stick with the soft setting.(at least with COBB) for the street. The ride degrades and I felt no real improvement in high speed corners. The car finally inspires confidence on off/on ramps, it will actually go where you point it( or try to) without a lot of fuss. And this is on STOCK tires! driving the back roads of NH is now a pleasure. Can't wait for Newfoundland!

Next up stage 2 or 2.25(no intake change ala air filter).:)

the directions were fantastic! we just installed the Rear only yesterday. it will take a little longer than 30 mins due to the reinforced brackets. those eat up about a half hour total just for those. the rest wasn't too bad other than fanagling the bar past the mufflers. :lol:

car feels great, but i am concerned with rubbing. i lowered the LGT about 2+" so we'll see...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36745

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

my vote goes with cusco. solids are a bit stronger...but cobbs will be lighter.

no complaints with cusco.

you should be adding tighter springs or struts to you suspension set up. the sways will work even better.

I have had them on for about a week. Perfect balance for the car. Prefer the softer rear setting. Major improvement over stock bars. The rear reinforcement brackets give some peace of mind too. Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires with stock suspension.

mine are clunking (rear) a little. is that normal? or is it because i didn't grease the bushings right?

could be due to your ride height. my stock rsb clunked while riding on iON's, only 30mm drop and it only happened under heavy acceleration. now with the cusco, no clunking....not sure why, the bar is much thicker. I think a lot of it has to do with install and making sure everything is tight.

are you on coilovers?

could be due to your ride height. my stock rsb clunked while riding on iON's, only 30mm drop and it only happened under heavy acceleration. now with the cusco, no clunking....not sure why, the bar is much thicker. I think a lot of it has to do with install and making sure everything is tight.

are you on coilovers?

no, i have the tein s-techs. i'm pretty low. it's only when i go over a bump (to be expected) or accelerate hard. :p

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived