LegacyGT.com

Bent Rim

rabydanimal

So I hit something in the road the other day, really sharply. I Thought it was a pothole but when I went back I couldn't find it, so it must have been something else. Anyway, now I have a nice bubble in the sidewall of my passenger front tire and a properly bent rim (confirmed by the Subaru dealer). They want ~$450 for a new rim and tire so I'd like to see if I can pick a used one up on here or NESIC. My question is this, is it bad to run on a bent rim? I know it would be best to swap out the tire ASAP but is the slight vibration I get causing damage? Would it be best to rotate this rim to the rear until I find a replacement?

I don't believe that driving with a bent rim is going to cause any damage to anything else, but it is dangerous. That tire could pop if you hit one of our potholes, and your handling will suffer because of the rim being bent, which could be dangerous if you don't drive a little more carefully than usual. It may be a good idea to swap it to the back since there is less stress on the back tires than the fronts.
neil

Archived