LegacyGT.com

Part number for OEM '07 HU?

highlander

Lets say its 650...

Is it worth it vs 350 (115 for the cubby bezel 150 for a decent head unit and probably 50-70 for a professional install) to have a cubby install.

I really was questioning my sanity when i did the cubby install, but after having the stereo there for a few months, I can honestly say that is where the stereo should have been in the first place. :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

• 2 weeks later...
Ghetto subscribe

Bua haa! LOL.

OK. On a different note, as a Spec.B owner, I'd be willing to do the swap if as mentioned, (1) the connectors are the same (2) it's simply plug-n-play and (3) the price is right. This may not be true for non-Spec.B folks.

My major complaints with the OEM HU (aside from the overall underpowered sound system) and are the lame-ass low-res display and the crappy folder navigation. It seems as if they've addressed it somewhat with the button relocation and additions. The high-res picture seems to indicate that they've moved to a larger 2-line 16-character wide or so type of display - a definate improvement but still lame in 2006 technology speak. Aftermarket and Luxo OEM displays are often color LCD and touchscreen. I pray SOA/Fuji makes further improvements. The current HU just simply falls way short IMNSHO in comparison with the rest of my car and considering other manufacturers' offerings.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Wait... what am I missing? How would this be easier for a Spec B owner versus a normal LegGT limited? Does it have something to do with NAv?

My apologies. I was neglecting the Ltd. owners who I believe have the 6CD changer option. I simply don't know if the Spec.Bs, with the addition of the MP3 capability and corresponding button functionality for folders, have different wiring.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

If I can get this for 500 I think it would be worth it, the Aux in and the Mp3 player capabilities would be sweet. I am not really a fan of the cd player in the cubby hole, looks weird with both cd players there. Plus I kind of want guages in there instead :) I bet if you really wanted to, you could take you knob's off your 05-06 head unit and put them on the 07 one. I also noticed it has a SAT button on the top right button, will the new head unit have another aux in just for Satellite radio?

My apologies. I was neglecting the Ltd. owners who I believe have the 6CD changer option. I simply don't know if the Spec.Bs, with the addition of the MP3 capability and corresponding button functionality for folders, have different wiring.

We have a 6 changer but no MP3 capabilities. The top end Outback (VDC model maybe?) has the MP3 capability and I read on here about someone who spent $550 and purchased a new (VDC?) headunit from Subaru and installed it into his Leg GT so I think we are in the same boat wether or not the 07 will fit us.

Ryan

We have a 6 changer but no MP3 capabilities. The top end Outback (VDC model maybe?) has the MP3 capability and I read on here about someone who spent $550 and purchased a new (VDC?) headunit from Subaru and installed it into his Leg GT so I think we are in the same boat wether or not the 07 will fit us.

Ryan

The Outback VDC and GT Spec B have the same MP3-capable CD changer. As far as I can tell, it's the same as the unit in the normal LGT except for the added MP3 functionality.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

• 3 years later...
Reviving an old thread. Has anyone swapped an '07 head unit/HVAC unit into an '05-'06? If so, how was the Aux In handled? Routed to the armrest or somewhere else?

Deer Killer did and posted a write-up in this thread:

I think he initially routed a 3.5 mm plug out the ashtray. Later, he added a 3.5 mm jack in the center console next to the power outlet there (replicating the newer OEM Aux arrangement).

gregnauman purchased a center console from a newer year that has the aux in jack and transplanted that into his 2005. Follow his story starting here (many posts).

I've just recently obtained the parts to make an adapter harness for the car's i85 (audio) harness. It will allow you to connect your aux source into the newer radio without hacking up your car's factory i85 harness. E-mail me for more info.

Archived