LegacyGT.com

Part number for OEM '07 HU?

highlander

Anyone have a part number yet on the OEM '07 HU that has the following capabilities:

6 disc Changer

MP3 playback

Aux Input

XM input

Looking to work a horse trade with dealer, but need to verify it will be compatible with '05 wiring, etc.....

Thanks.

Todd

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

well, I can tell you that even if it WAS compatible with the wiring, you would still need a new faceplace, which means a new Climate Control unit too...

The buttons on the 07 are completely different below the screen.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Yeah, I know.....

Don't know if they new one will be available without the faceplate.

Even so, I don't mind ordering thet too (even if it is uglier than mine).

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

I plan on doing the same swap when they come out, should be painless!

Obviously you didn't click on the link did you?

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Looks like the same size and shape to me, the headunit/AC combo should swap out with a new headunit/AC combo (the controls are a little different but since i'm swapping everything that shouldn't matter).

I'm I missing something?

Seems to me it would be like a current 05 to Spec B swap (headunit/AC) that is already been done successfully by many on this board.

Looks like the same size and shape to me, the headunit/AC combo should swap out with a new headunit/AC combo (the controls are a little different but since i'm swapping everything that shouldn't matter).

I'm I missing something?

Seems to me it would be like a current 05 to Spec B swap (headunit/AC) that is already been done successfully by many on this board.

Are these people changing the whole thing? Faceplate and all??

Are these people changing the whole thing? Faceplate and all??

Thats how it comes when you order it. you dont keep your old face plate when you swap the radio. it comes as a unit-radio/Ac and face plate. why would you want to keep your face plate ??!?

And where is the AUX input? In the back?

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

:attention::whore:

Yea! Where in the hell is the friggin' AUX-in?

I think you're right. Should be a plug-n-play swap for us Spec.B owners.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Oh, well I change my mind... Can't wait to see the swap.

I wonder if the AUX is like my GTi... its a harness in the back of the HU that sends a cable to another spot in the car.

:attention::whore:

Yea! Where in the hell is the friggin' AUX-in?

I think you're right. Should be a plug-n-play swap for us Spec.B owners.

The jack is near the center armrest console. There's also a 12V outlet inside the console.

BTW, the picture that I posted is of the 2007 GT spec.B and it's possible the 2007 GT Limited's HVAC setup is different (i.e. more like the 2006). I don't know for sure.

']Here's a link to a higher resolution picture of the new 2007 audio/HVAC system:

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/1e2c67a727.jpg

That picture always makes me :( .

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

If there is a remote AUX in, then that will have its own connector or something... so hopefully the connectors will be the same. If not, all I need is a wire diagram to manually connect everything.
Here's a picture from a 2007 Tribeca - I'm pretty sure the 2007 LGT's AUX-IN jack will be in the same spot.

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/f970631fba.jpg

']Here's a picture from a 2007 Tribeca - I'm pretty sure the 2007 LGT's AUX-IN jack will be in the same spot.

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/f970631fba.jpg

Hmmm very interesting..

Tx for sending this out..

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived