LegacyGT.com

NEW non-limited 2005 GT w/ 63 miles for 22.5k (before tax, doc,etc) good deal?

I was at the subaru dealership 1 week ago, i noticed they had a 2005 legacy (non limited) GT for 27k. It was still in packaging. I was there today and i noticed they reduced it to their "special" price of 23k which i then haggled down to 22.5k

Is this car a good deal? I kinda wish i had the leather of the limited version. How low do you think i could get a 2006 limited for?

I was at the subaru dealership 1 week ago, i noticed they had a 2005 legacy (non limited) GT for 27k. It was still in packaging. I was there today and i noticed they reduced it to their "special" price of 23k which i then haggled down to 22.5k

Is this car a good deal? I kinda wish i had the leather of the limited version. How low do you think i could get a 2006 limited for?

From years of car, motorcycle, and whatever the hell else buying I'll tell you this: If you want the limited, spend whatever extra you might have to in order to get it. The one you talked about is an OK deal since it's brand new (I got an '05 limited auto with 8k miles for $22k). However, if you get it you will sometimes wish you got the leather, moonroof, and whatever else. BUT, if you get the limited you will NEVER wish you had just saved the money and gotten the non-limited. We're human and American. It's just the way we're wired up.

Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

I got a 06 LGT 5EAT for $25,680 not including TTL if that helps you.

That would place a 06 LGT 5MT at $24,480.

Steven

Looks like a good deal to me. I paid 24.5 for my 05 Limited a few months ago. Your price seems fair, I would buy it. I wish I could have found a non limited, thats what I really wanted. Good luck if you decide to buy it.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

I just bought my Legacy 2 weeks ago today. In fact in about 20 minutes it will be exactly two weeks. I searched the classifieds on here, cars.com, and autotrader. I knew I wanted a dark color (RBP or OBP), with Taupe leather and a manual transmission.

I found a company in Pittsburgh (I live in AL and flew up and then drove home ~700 miles), selling an '05 LGT LTD (RBP btw) with 6600 miles on the odometer. I ended up signing the paperwork at $20,865. With my local taxes/title/license included, I should be paying around 21,800.

I would definitely try and find a low mileage limited if you're wanting to stay in the MY05. I don't think I could ever buy another car without leather. Either way, you won't be dissappointed.

From what I've seen in the other forums, the 06's seem to be going for around $24,500 or so. (I believe thats OTD door cost). I'm not sure what your taxes are, but I'll use my as a base line. If youre looking at 22.5, then 23.5 OTD.... I'd pony up the extra $1000 to buy an '06 limited.

--james

Hell no this is not a good deal. The car is technically 2 years old when the 2007s come out. I got my car:

2005 un-Limited LGT with these options:

Spoiler, STS, Autodimming Mirror, Wheel Locks for 21,8, in July 2005.

Honestly, I would low ball them and see if they will bite..like 18.5 or something ridiculous just to see what happens. Or if you really want the leather and sunroof, look for the Limited.

22K for my non-limited GT 5MT last June with a little help from CarsDirect.com. 22.5 is respectable, but with 07's coming in they can do you better me thinks.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

WAAAAAAY too much, they were asking 22,000 for my 05' OBP MT non LMT w/ 24,000 on the clock, auto dimming mirror, spoiler, heated seats, in may of this year, then an internet special of 18,999, I paid 17,000 for it and it only took me 2 1/2 hours of haggleing and 3 attempts to leave, I couldn't beleave the deal I got and the dealer(a nissan dealer) said he couldn't beleive I got him to go that low. I walked in the door and said 18,000 out the door, first words out of my mouth they said there is no way they could do that, I got it 18,500 OTD. BE A STUBBORN HARD ASS! It's an 05'!

I got a quote of $22,600 for the same car (MT) just about 1 year ago. I wouldn't pay the same price now, however it probably would be hard to get the car much lower than that because the dealer would start being close to actually taking a loss on the car.

You should be able to go much lower. I paid 22,000 for my 05 lgt wagon about 6 months ago or more. The 07's are about to come out and they sure wouldn't want an 05 on the lot with 07's out. Only pay 22,000 if they throw in a bunch of other things. I would start at 20,000 and see what they say.

Archived