LegacyGT.com

Autobody NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!! (RANT)

G.T.Subie

:icon_mad: Here is the Story. Well I got keyed back in October and wanted to wait until winter was over to get it fixed. So when the weather got better I started doing research. I got lots of different quotes from $300 to 1,800 for 2 panels to get painted(rear psgr 1/4 & rear psgr door). So I decide after reading reviews and getting quotes I figured i would use the guy down the street from me. I had seen alot of cars go in and out of there from BMW and Mercedes to police cars. So I take it in 2weeks ago and have it repainted,it took 2days.When I go to wash for the first tim I notice a faded looking halo on the 1/4 panel. This pissed me off but I figured it would be fixed with out an argument. When I bring it back he say "no problem" bring it back next week and we'll fix. I bring it back the first time and he tells me he is very busy could I come back in a couple of days. When I go back the second time I get the same excuse. The only reason I was content with waiting was because I wanted it done right and not rushed. So I bring it in on Monday evening to drop it off and he says it will be done on Wed. I call on Wed on he says it will be done on Thursday:icon_mad: . Fine I call him today at 4:30 on my way to his shop and he say it will be done at 6. I can tell in the way he said it that he forgot or ways behind. When I get there at 6 they are still buffing my god dam car. Of course he apolagise and say 1/2 an hour tops. So I stand there and watch them buff and wash my car sort of. I go tp my parking garge and do some detailin and notice that there are PITS in my NEW PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_mad: So tomorrow should be interesting when I go back to ask for my $$ back. By the way it cost me $500. There was also over spray all over the car that i had to buff off. This is frustrating because I knew where ever I took it some problem would happen.

Denial is your best friend

i had my eyelines, front bumper, and side moulding done at

pro auto body

235 west fort lee rd.

bagota, nj

201 342-4461

he fixes park ave. bmw cars and i've seen other subies there.

the shop is across from the hess/sifford pontiac

$500 for the bumper and moulding.

$80 for the eyelines.

you need to express exacty what kind of job you want.

make sure there is a clear understanding with any auto body shop.

I heard over at nasioc that most of the subie guys take their stuffs to Ultimate car collision somewhere near Northern Jersey/ Westchester, NY. Search for them or "UCC."

Ultimate Collision Center is in Peekskill, NY. They are a great shop.

I had seen alot of cars go in and out of there from BMW and Mercedes to police cars.

Obviously there are some BMW & Mercedes owners that are cheap and don't care. The police cars should have been the tip off...government isn't too fussy about the quality of work that is done for them.

It is still ugly.

all due respect, use this please:

http://www.festo.com/INetDomino/files/enter_key.jpg

:lol: I understand.

But I had to type this 2 times.

Plus I was pissed.

And I type slow to begin with.

Whats a paragraph?:confused::icon_bigg

Denial is your best friend

Archived