LegacyGT.com

Air Freshener for the Standard

BigT

Where are you guys putting your air fresheners on teh manuals. I don't like the rear view mirror (obstructs view of road) and the shifter always seems to get the yellow crap from my vanillaroma on the leather (not cool). Those mats suck and don't smell like anything unless you put your nose on them. Any ideas?

-T

I'm glad you said for the Manual only, because I was about to post up about 20 suggestions that would have ONLY worked on a 5EAT.

That would have been embarrassing.

I have no idea where to put an air freshener in a 5MT. :iam:

^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, the sarcasm is off the charts today!

just ditch the air freshener under your seat. Hanging them from teh mirror or sticking them on your dash is an ugly move.

You have leather - you don't need an air freshener :)

You beat me to it... that was my first thought when I read the first post!

My car still smells great after almost a year of ownership. If you keep the interior clean, there is no reason to use an air freshener.

I don't use one that hangs anywhere. I have a leather scented air freshener that I spray every once in awhile. Like some of you, other than that I just rely on the scent of my leather conditioner and the Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer that I use every now and then. It keeps my car smelling new and clean. I'm not a big fan of vanillaroma or pine scent. It makes the car smell like it is old and dirty for some reason. Maybe because every other car I detail has some cheap air freshener in it to mask how bad it really smells. I say don't cover up the bad odors. Remove them and replace it with a clean scent. Febreeze does a good job at that if you can't get the smells out.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

This reminds me of a quote from austin powers...

Dr. Evil- "Ugh, what's that horrible smell"

Number 2- "That would be sulfer from the valcano. But we have plenty of air freshner." (sprays air freshner)

Fat Bastard- "Argh, Great, Now it smells like someone took a shat in a pine tree"

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

My lacrosse stuff always makes my car stink. And any gym stuff (I usually go in the middle of the day) leaves a less than desirable odor. So some people NEED an air freshener, unless you dig the scent of ball sweat, but judging from the posts by some people they might.

Archived