LegacyGT.com

Will SOA make a 8 cylinder?

• 3 weeks later...
What do you guys think? Does anyone have an h8 or would it be to big to fit in an engine bay? I think there should be a Tribeca spec B with a H8 or V8 that could tow over 5k pounds.

until Porsche does, I dont think Subaru will..

Keefe

I see them going with and H6 Diesel for towing power befor and h8.

And Subaru has made its name with it turbo h4's, I see them keeping with that for any sports car they do, now a mid engine sports car with the sti setup might be a fun car.

Well, since Subie dropped Twin Turbo, I doubt H6 TT will ever come out. Twin Scroll or regular turbo may be available in the future.

I bet TomiKaira or Trial Motorsport of some crazy tuning company will turbo a H6 before Subaru does.

As far as H8, I can bet a 100 bux it will never come out. Correct me if I am wrong, even Porsche, also famous for their flat engines never made an 8 cyllinder one.

I never thought Porsche would make anything larger than a H6...but look at what they popped into the Porsche GT 10-cylinders of goodness.

Subaru and Porsche suffer from the same design restrictions when it comes to engine packaging, I think. But if Subaru would ever build a mid-engine sports car... yeah, I could see H6 or even H8 in that, definately.

subaru already made a flat12 for F1, and it didn't work so good.

http://www.f1rejects.com/teams/coloni/profile/subaru.jpg

Subaru didn't actually make that engine. It was built by Motori-Moderni and only funded by Subaru.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

I never thought Porsche would make anything larger than a H6...but look at what they popped into the Porsche GT 10-cylinders of goodness.

Subaru and Porsche suffer from the same design restrictions when it comes to engine packaging, I think. But if Subaru would ever build a mid-engine sports car... yeah, I could see H6 or even H8 in that, definately.

But the Carrera GT's engine is a V10, not an H10 (and the engine in the Cayenne is a V8). Nobody has used a boxer engine larger than an H6 since the Ferrari Testarossa, I believe.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Archived