LegacyGT.com

Seems to me that enough people aren't complaining

Jeep just had it's second recall in two days. One for heated seats that got too hot and another for a cooling fan issue where the blades would fly off. The heated seat thing is interesting because only 32 reports were made about the issue. Maybe it is because of the whole safety thing with seats catching on fire, but I think more than 32 people have to have told SOA about the ECU reflash for the engine stutter and the cooling fan issue. When are they going to do a mass recall on all our ECUs? They know there is a problem. They have to know.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I don't think you should write SOA. You have to write to publishers like car&driver, motortrend, NHTSA, autoweek, etc, etc....Especially those doing long term test of the Leggy and let them get SOA's attention. It would really help if we can prove it happens with the Forester lol :D You know how SOA loves to push that car;)

Jeep just had it's second recall in two days. One for heated seats that got too hot and another for a cooling fan issue where the blades would fly off.
Each of those two problems posed a risk of injury and, therefore, qualified as a safety defect, which is one of only two reasons for a recall (the other is emissions control defect).

Federal regulations specify that any person may petition NHTSA's administrator to open a safety defect investigation. I doubt that a surge during moderate acceleration or cruise control shutting off or radiator fans running constantly qualify as a safety defect. NHTSA would almost certainly deny such a petition.

Archived