LegacyGT.com

I've been driving around a V6 Mazda 6 lately

The 6 is a great car. My wife's 2003 MZ6 has served us well for the last 3 years and 74000 miles. Completely problem free except for a couple dash rattles. It's not that quick, but handles and rides great for stock. The new 3.5L V6 should remedy the power deficit versus it contemporary competition and make for one heck of a good value car.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Subaru design cars with AWD in mind. Mazda goes oh shit, AWD might work with this car and throws it on semi sloppily (in the ms6 case).
Mazda designed the 6 with AWD in mind. The car has been available in Europe with AWD as an option for ages. The problem is, they did not design the AWD to be compatible with a V6 engine, and a V6 is what the American market prefers.

I shopped the Mazda6 against the Subaru directly. I liked it a lot, especially the handling, but was dissapointed with the drivetrain. I originally wanted the Mazda6 5-door hatch with manual transmission. Nobody else offers that combination anymore. I liked the Subaru more overall, so I ended up with the Subie wagon over the Mazda6 hatch or wagon.

Anyone know much about the CX-7?

Any personal experience?

I'll def be getting her something by years end.

Really thinking about it for the wifey.....before anyone asks...the Tribecca is not a option. I simply cannot sell her on the looks.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Besides, I would not marry a woman who would insist on buying some senseless SUV "because neighbors have it". If anyone has this kind, I suggest immediate trade-in for a better model.

A better model wife? :icon_tong

My wife drives a 2003 6s with the v6. It does handle great, and it has more shoulder room for passengers. There is one thing the Mazda has and the Legacy doesn't: Tilt and telescoping wheel. It took me a while to find a confortable driving position in the Subaru.
335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

I've been lurking around for a while without ever posting but saw this thread and figured I'd chime in. I'm a current 03 MZ6s owner who is about to purchase a Legacy (if my dealer buckles to my price point it will be a specB).

Some thoughts on how the two compare. The speed and the handling of the 6s are excellent for a 4 door sedan. That being said, there's no comparison to the Legacy in either category. The comfort of the 6 wins, for me, hands down. Seat position is better, steering position (as another poster already mentioned) is a bit more on, and the refinement of the options wins. Exterior styling is also, in my opinion, hands-down better with the 6.

I know I'm in a minority here but things like steering wheel controls are a really nice thing to have, which the 6 offers. And, going back to the OP, a 6 disc changer is an available option. And I know it's trivial, but I love the little sunglass holder in my 6.

For me though, AWD and the better engines are of course where my priorities lie.

So why am I looking to dump an 03 6 w/ only 50k miles on it? Beause it's about as reliable as a first generation neon in a rainstorm (sorry for the odd reference). That and the fact that there are no decent Mazda service dealers near me (Rockland, NY). In Subaru's case I can't sneeze without hitting one - although I might have to cross a bridge to expand my options away from a certain dealer.

Sorry for the long post. And I'll keep ya'll updated on my procurement of the Subie.

And thanks to everyone for keeping such an informative forum online. There's a ton of great information on here and I really appreciate all of it.

I know I'm in a minority here but things like steering wheel controls are a really nice thing to have, which the 6 offers. And, going back to the OP, a 6 disc changer is an available option. And I know it's trivial, but I love the little sunglass holder in my 6.

Welcome! Good luck with the Bspec... If you go the non Bspec route you can add the steering wheel controls afterwards for ~ $300 (DIY) (http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26232&highlight=steering+wheel), but I'll agree they're not as nice as the Mazda ones. :icon_mad:

Well, I had looked into the Mazda 6 as a possibilty when I was shopping for the Suba..............holy crap, an SVX!!!!!!

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX SVX

PICS OF THE SVX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS OF THE SVX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS OF THE SVX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS OF THE SVX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS OF THE SVX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS OF THE SVX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know someone who may want to buy it...

There must be some reason he's keeping it a secret. Drug-running car?

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Haha, oh man.

Sorry about the lack of replies, I got called on an emergency business trip and just got back home today.

Anyway, the SVX is my roommates daily driver. It's not for sale, sorry. Its a 94 AWD model.

A pic

http://www.seccs.org/gallery/Car%20Pictures/1994%20SVX/SVX%20Sunset/SVX%20Sunset%20Front.jpg

I'm nKoan's roommate. The SVX is my daily driver. I'd sell it, but I'd want too much for it compared to what people are willing to pay for 'em. But if someone's got $8000 burning a hole in their pocket... PM me. ;)

It's a '94 LSi (AWD), but when I repainted it, I replaced the grill w/ the grill from the '97's. It's got the clear lense replacements on the headlights (which is why they look like eleventy times better than what you normally see on SVXi). The only other mods to it are the A-Tech wheels, and the Alpine stereo.

The thing's got 205k miles on it and still runs like a champ! The tranny was rebuilt right after I got it, and I've had to do some other work like a new radiator and alternator. But for the most part, the damn thing is rock solid these days! :) All I need are some new struts and lowering springs... I need to get it to sit like nKoan's LGT... that thing's got the perfect amount of wheel gap, IMO.

http://www.seccs.org/gallery/Car%20Pictures/1994%20SVX/SVX%20Sunset/SVX%20Sunset%20Side.jpg

i see something redish

hella supertones behind the grill?

let's see if i win the lottery tonight

Oh yeah, them's some SuperTones under there too... Italian designed Japanese cars need some German horns. Don't ask me why, that's just the rules.

Archived