LegacyGT.com

I've been driving around a V6 Mazda 6 lately

While my baby gets this damage fixed.

http://www.neurosybir.net/nkoan/images/MikeAccidentResized/IMG_1348.jpg

http://www.neurosybir.net/nkoan/images/MikeAccidentResized/IMG_1349.jpg

The other guys insurance is taking care of everything, and so far its going quite well with no issues thankfully.

Anyway, the Mazda 6 is interesting. It drives nice (for a rental with an automatic) and the styling is pretty damn good. There are some parts about it I like more then my LGT and some stuff I miss about my baby. Some of the things I miss about my LGT are probably options on the Mazda 6 like an auto-dimming mirror, Auto Climate Control and the a 6-CD changer. What's funny is, I didn't really care either way about those things when I got the LGT, but now that I'm temporarily back to manual mirror, maunal AC and a single CD, I think I'm too spoiled to go back permenantly :p

But, there are a few very minor things that I like about the 6, that I wish Subaru would have picked up; like auto-down on both front windows, key/fob integrated with switchblade style key, manu-matic transmission with the lever going in the proper direction (toward the driver for upshift, away for down) and a button to turn off traction control.

In reality, though, I think I'd still buy the LGT again (obviously over the 6, and probably even over the Mazdaspeed 6), but I'd at least check out the MS6. If I didn't care about turbo or AWD, though, the V6 Mazda 6 would be up there but I still think I like the new Hyundai Sonata V6 better.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If'n I weren't such a performance junkie, and didn't care about FWD understeering, I would be considering a Mazda 6s, with a stick in the 5-door configuration. That is almost unheard-of anymore.

That said, the Mazda 6, even the mazdaspeed 6 is falling short of the Legacy GT in my current shopping.

I think I'm going to be a Subaru owner as long as Subaru keeps churning out nice wagons.

Well, that is until I get married and the ball and chain forces me to get a minivan or SUV or something as the "family" car. At which point I will have to consider the Tribeca or whatever else they have up their sleeves. But if it all possible, I will continue to drive Subaru wagons.

I think I'm going to be a Subaru owner as long as Subaru keeps churning out nice wagons.

Well, that is until I get married and the ball and chain forces me to get a minivan or SUV or something as the "family" car. At which point I will have to consider the Tribeca or whatever else they have up their sleeves. But if it all possible, I will continue to drive Subaru wagons.

Dude,

Keep your priorities straight, and remember that a station wagon is a perfectly suitable kid-hauler. Make sure you marry a girl who will have an appreciation for your car hobby. Take a stand!

Dude,

Keep your priorities straight, and remember that a station wagon is a perfectly suitable kid-hauler. Make sure you marry a girl who will have an appreciation for your car hobby. Take a stand!

Absolutely! I have 2 kids (7yrs old and 1yr old) and third one is on the way (due in November). I bought my Legacy wagon explicitely as a kid-hauler-and-dads-sports-car combination. Note, the fact that one of the kids is out of the carseat stage, it helps. Actually, fitting three non-booster carseats would be very hard.

My wife totally supported the purchase, she hates idea of SUVs or minivans anyway (and she would not drive an auto, either!). Besides, I would not marry a woman who would insist on buying some senseless SUV "because neighbors have it". If anyone has this kind, I suggest immediate trade-in for a better model.

...My wife totally supported the purchase, she hates idea of SUVs or minivans anyway (and should would not drive an auto, either!)...

So...this wife of your's, she got a sister?

[back on Topic]

When I was looking to buy my LGT I also test drove a Mazda6, because I wanted a mid-sized sports wagon with a manual transmission for under $35K, and that's a very short list. I'll admit the 6 was pretty nice, everything was layed out where it should've been, I didn't have to hunt for anything, While it was not anywhere near as powerfull as the LGT I had test driven it rev-ed easily, had adiquate power for what you *need*, and the handling was pretty damned good (given the situation, I thought it handled better than the LGT). It was a real toss-up between the LGT and the V6-6...until the 6's motor crapped out on the test drive when I down shifted for a corner. All-in-all the Mazda6 is not really that *bad* of a car...whould I buy one? I didn't.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Neighbor gets a new Mazda 6 V6 w/leather every year....company car. He just got a 06 a few months ago....not a bad car but let this be said....the 6AT SUCKS..... it hunts up & down so much it is horrible.....VERY annoying:(

When he picked the car up the salesman told him the 3.5l will be avail this time next year.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Dude,

No, I know. I was being sarcastic. I would never ever buy an SUV unless I somehow happen to end up with 3-4 kids. I would never permit my wife to get a SUV either. I would not buy something that I considered excessive.

My car hobby lol it's not really a hobby. I drive an auto lol. I got it because it was AWD, peppy engine (turbo a plus in the high altitude of mountains), cargo space. Perfect for snowboarding.

So...this wife of your's, she got a sister?

Nope. One of a kind :icon_tong

and the handling was pretty damned good (given the situation, I thought it handled better than the LGT). It was a real toss-up between the LGT and the V6-6

Yeah, M6 was a backup plan. I didn't test drive it. A test drive in LGT was enough. As far as handling is concerned, indeed USDM LGT is compromised in this departement. That's why JDM swaybar is sitting here next to me to be installed tomorrow and full JDM GT bilsteins are plowing Pacific waters en route to me :cool::cool::cool:

eh, I doubt they'll put in AWD in their cars. Would require too much retooling for Ford/mazda to consider.

....Have you some how missed all the threads and data floating around the great eather of the internet about the Mazdaspeed6 and the new CX-7? Both of those cars are "AWD". While one is a special edition the other is a regular production model.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Nope. One of a kind :icon_tong

DAMN YOUS!:icon_bigg

Yeah, M6 was a backup plan. I didn't test drive it. A test drive in LGT was enough. As far as handling is concerned, indeed USDM LGT is compromised in this departement. That's why JDM swaybar is sitting here next to me to be installed tomorrow and full JDM GT bilsteins are plowing Pacific waters en route to me :cool::cool::cool:

I also test drove the Hemi Magnum and was less than impressed. Don't get me wronge it had the grunt and was a wagon, but that's all it had. I'd love to test drive an LGT with the JDM suspension, I want to know what my next suspension will be...

EL4NFZT7

Yea they put AWD in the tribute and cx and shit but I doubt they'll be willing to put much effort into production passenger cars. Their ms6 was limited production and they only made a few.

Subaru design cars with AWD in mind. Mazda goes oh shit, AWD might work with this car and throws it on semi sloppily (in the ms6 case).

If'n I weren't such a performance junkie, and didn't care about FWD understeering, I would be considering a Mazda 6s, with a stick in the 5-door configuration. That is almost unheard-of anymore.

That said, the Mazda 6, even the mazdaspeed 6 is falling short of the Legacy GT in my current shopping.

and when do you plan to actually buy again?

Archived