LegacyGT.com

Has anyone used paintscratch.com touch-up paint?

illt3ck

I used the pen .. I can post some pictures .. but I find if its a metalic paint, its hard to "match" up 100% the look if that makes sense. maybe my painting skillz suck, I will take pictures later today when I get home for you.

Nothing will be perfect, especially with metallics. The important thing is to protect the metal from rust, asthetics is secondary. I use a 000 red sable modeling brush from a hobby store (000 is the size), reading glasses from the drug store (so I can see WTF I am doing), and an X-Acto knife or Dremel if I need to clean the chip or remove some cracked paint that is still hanging on. Good light is important and apply a few light coats of paint rather than one big glob.
It is still ugly.

Do not go for the pen as it is useless when doing precise touch-up. I had to retouch three chips, and it was a nightmare with the pen. The tip is too broad and porous/fibrous.

If you have the satin white pearl, it is a pain to do the two stages with it (base/mid coat) as the pen will lift the base coat.

That is all.

X

---

Nothing will be perfect, especially with metallics. The important thing is to protect the metal from rust, asthetics is secondary. I use a 000 red sable modeling brush from a hobby store (000 is the size), reading glasses from the drug store (so I can see WTF I am doing), and an X-Acto knife or Dremel if I need to clean the chip or remove some cracked paint that is still hanging on. Good light is important and apply a few light coats of paint rather than one big glob.

thanks for the tips everyone! if you have any more please feel free to share!

Don't go for the pen. It has a super big tip and it clogs up all the time.

+1

Especially if you're fixing up small chips as the paint that comes out of it isn't very precise. Just get the paint bottle, and get the fine-tip brushes (or use a toothpick).

-Mike-

• 3 weeks later...
I used paint from them for the bumper on my wife's Toyota van. Color match was excellent and the quality of the paint impressed a buddy of mine who used to work in a body shop. I'd use them.

Archived