LegacyGT.com

July Motortrend...Long-term wrap-up?

Heard rumor that July's Motortrend has a final long-term review of the 2005 LGT. Anybody subscribe?

got it at home. i'll have to read through it again. I remember they were questioning if a legacy could be seen as a near 30K car. In the end they feel it's worth the money. Overall I didn't get the feeling they were gaga over it, but liked the car. Oh, and cost of ownership was similar to the TL.

I read it a few days ago. From what I remember, they had mostly good things to say about it but certainly were not ecstatic. They tested an automatic version and it also seemed like they didn't quite tap its all-weather capabilities. I got the impression it spent most of its life in sunny, dry weather than in snow.

Yeah generally a good review, im sure they would have loved the extra kick of the MT. But even with the AT, I remeber the article mentioning something about loving the startled looks on BMW drivers when they passed them.

I haven't heard anything about the auto climate control and the RPM sensor issue, has that been discussed here before? I've heard of the wonky auto climate but never heard that it was due to the RPM sensor.

Also never heard anything about the slow deployment of the side airbag, is there a TSB out on that?

0-60 in 6.4 seconds? Is that right...?

"...neat but unremarkable to look at inside and out." WTF mate!?! How is this car unremarkable? I think these car magazine have some rather simplistic thought patterns that probably go something like: "Well it's not german, not swedish, not prone to breaking constantly... mmm I think it must look rather unremarkable cause if I remember right only expensive cars that break can look... mmm remarkable is that the word?"

decent article, but left me wanting more. I felt they could've said more.

IMNSHO Motor Trend semi-consistently leaves me with the exact same "wanting more" feeling. which is why i cancelled my subscription:icon_bigg

IMNSHO Motor Trend semi-consistently leaves me with the exact same "wanting more" feeling. which is why i cancelled my subscription:icon_bigg

If the car can't be referred to in a headline as a manufacturer's "Pony Car" or doesn't say B-M-W-M-3 on the trunk, MT isn't interested.

jour·nal·ist (jûrhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/prime.gifnhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/schwa.gif-lhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/ibreve.gifst) n. One whose occupation is journalism.

I rest my case...

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Archived