LegacyGT.com

20 ways you waste money on your car

Overall, very good OP... however, a few items I wanted to clarify:

Oil - already mentioned, I think, but synthetic isn't a bad thing to have. But, it's best to learn to change it yourself, rather than getting screwed by the quick-change places, or even the shops.

Coolant - true, changing every winter isn't that useful. On the other hand, your explanation implies that as long as the hydrometer measures good freeze protection, you are fine. The hydrometer method only checks the glycol-to-water ratio.... this doesn't address the loss of anti-corrosives that are in the antifreeze to keep your collant from corroding the aluminum and other metals in the car.

Replacing tires when you should be replacing shocks - SO TRUE!

Not keeping your tires inflated - SO TRUE +1!!

psh i've seen 1.5 on my realtime mpg display.

/me :bowdown:

I'm still tryin! :D

Someone replied that they were able to get down to 2.0, and I've been trying to do that..... You've presented a new "low" to aspire to!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Of course, its a turbocharged engine, you pretty much have to use premium.

I don't use premium in either my Legacy GT or my wife's WRX. Haven't done so in a long time. No detrimental side affects here. Just a slight loss in performance as the computer dials in a little more ignition to offset detonation.

Dude...way to pioneer...YIKES!

I don't use premium in either my Legacy GT or my wife's WRX. Haven't done so in a long time. No detrimental side affects here. Just a slight loss in performance as the computer dials in a little more ignition to offset detonation.

Archived