LegacyGT.com

Stock horn has got to go!

Daedalus

I have 2 sets of Bosch Supertones....yes you read it right, BOSCH! It is like the size of a saucer. I'll post pics later tonight when I get home from work. I have no immediate plans to install this as I can't find Bosch relays locally, might buy off the web. Also, I not really in the mood to take off my bumper.

...Also, I not really in the mood to take off my bumper.

It's been a while since I did mine, and I did remove my bumper skin (I cleared my headlamps at the same time) - but I think you should be able to access the area just in front of the radiator by simply removing the grill, leaving the bumper skin in-place.

I also have my stock intake box assembly removed, so I'm not sure you can completely see this in an otherwise stock (in this area) vehicle, but I can access my horns (to tap off a power wire to energize your relay) by removing my bottom aero/splash shield.

Sorry I can't be more definitive/offer more help!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I have 2 sets of Bosch Supertones....yes you read it right, BOSCH! It is like the size of a saucer. I'll post pics later tonight when I get home from work. I have no immediate plans to install this as I can't find Bosch relays locally, might buy off the web. Also, I not really in the mood to take off my bumper.

I just did my horns today. I went with the "Freeway Blaster" E and F Fiamm horns with the Buick sound (check here for details: http://www.fiammamerica.com/Product.asp?ProductID=155). These horns have a much better and much louder sound (130db). As far as the install goes, I found that I only needed to remove the grill and then the bumper fasteners on the passenger side of the front bumper. This gives you plenty o' room to work and you don't have to worry about completely taking the bumper off. Since I wasn't exactly sure how the new horns would fit, I removed the bracket that they were screwed to and brought it into the workshop for further investigation. I ended up using some "chuck norris persuasion" to bend the metal attachment strips that came with the new horns so that the horns would point forward. I also had a hard time deciding on whether to cut the connectors off that connected to the old horns. I noticed that they fit onto the new horns, but that they could very easily slip off. Since the connectors had a loop on the end, I ended up using zip-ties to lock them in place, so no wire-cuts! The whole operation took about an hour (did it just after I put the boy down for a nap!). Happy horning!!

"These horns have a much better and much louder sound (130db)."-->Much better than stock. I'm not sure what the Bosch Supertones sound like... Note also that the horns sound nothing like the cheesy sound clips posted on the Fiamm site. These are for real. BTW, I can't remember the post that I saw, but thanks very much to the fellow who listed the Harbor Freight part numbers:

44759-0VGA for the AM80 Low Freq "F"

44760-0VGA for the AM80 High Freq "E"

$10 each

Archived