LegacyGT.com

Uppipe and downpipe installation difficulty

spacejunkiehsv

anywhere from 2-8 hours. the norm would be about 3-4 for both. make sure to hit the bolts with some PB Blaster a couple hours or the day before. This will help you cut the time down.

8 hours only if you're like me - super-anal and taking pictures at every turn, labeling every bolt and nut that comes off..... *AND*, lest I forget, having long breaks and a lunch with a good friend, goofing off! :lol:

Sure, it took wayyyyyy too long, but it was a fun time had by all. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I could certainly do it in <3 hours. The issue at hand is if the bolts you are going to be working with are going to work with you or against you ;)

Also, keep an eye for details on the UP that you purchase. For example, I installed a Crucial UP/DP last weekend on a car. The studs on the UP were too long and made installing the DP a real challenge.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

^ RE: Crucial's supplied UP studs -

Indeed, the two towards the "rear" are a bit too long, if installed "by Hoyle."

However, like you said, it's very important to keep an eye on install-note details - these two referenced studs are supposed to go in "upside-down" to facilitate clearance. :)

Very good point! God is in the details!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ RE: Crucial's supplied UP studs -

Indeed, the two towards the "rear" are a bit too long, if installed "by Hoyle."

However, like you said, it's very important to keep an eye on install-note details - these two referenced studs are supposed to go in "upside-down" to facilitate clearance. :)

Very good point! God is in the details!

That's what I get for thinking logically! DAMN!

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

hahaha, I'm gonna feel the pain from this again pretty soon...

It's about a 3 hour job for me. Air tools aren't that much of an edge due to the location of the bolts. There are just a lot of bolts that need to come out to get the UP in, and some require a good dousing of PB Blaster and a good bit of grunting with a BF breaker bar!

Yes you will. You've got another Crucial UP coming to ya... :icon_twis

Haha, now I know about those studs...

Archived