LegacyGT.com

Subaru OEM Sub & Cleansweep

Adriftoc

If I was to buy the subaru subwoofer to give me a little more bass along side a cleansweep setup to be used with an amp and aftermarket speakers, would that work? more specifically would the auxillery on the cleansweep work? Basically what I want to do is hook up my iPod to the cleansweep, but still get the nice sound of the sub. Since the cleansweep is hooked up to an amp that would in turn only be hooked up to the front and rear door speakers (NOT the factory sub) would that mean that the aux wouldn't send any signal to the sub? and if that is a case, what would be the best way of fixing this problem?

If I was to buy the subaru subwoofer to give me a little more bass along side a cleansweep setup to be used with an amp and aftermarket speakers, would that work? more specifically would the auxillery on the cleansweep work? Basically what I want to do is hook up my iPod to the cleansweep, but still get the nice sound of the sub. Since the cleansweep is hooked up to an amp that would in turn only be hooked up to the front and rear door speakers (NOT the factory sub) would that mean that the aux wouldn't send any signal to the sub? and if that is a case, what would be the best way of fixing this problem?

As you have it now the factory sub would only work with the head unit as a source but the problem is you are supposed to use the cleansweeps volume control instead of the stock one. If you did this then your sub would play at a constant volume no matter how loud you wanted your other speakers. To make the factory sub work with the cleansweep you would have to splice into your speaker lines coming from the amp and going to the doors and use these as your input for the factory sub. Your best bet is to just get an aftermarket sub when you have the money and scrap the factory sub.

I think its only $200. The reason it looked so appealing to me was that it goes under the drivers seat. I would think that due to the fact that the sub isn't in the trunk AND under my seat I would hear and feel it a bit more...if not the factory sub, are there other aftermarket powered subs that could go under the seat that would be in the price range? I don't like the idea of a trunk sub...it not only takes up space, but it rumbles the car a bit more.

I think its only $200. The reason it looked so appealing to me was that it goes under the drivers seat. I would think that due to the fact that the sub isn't in the trunk AND under my seat I would hear and feel it a bit more...if not the factory sub, are there other aftermarket powered subs that could go under the seat that would be in the price range? I don't like the idea of a trunk sub...it not only takes up space, but it rumbles the car a bit more.

I'm just getting into the higher end of car audio but in my opinion if you were to get a good set of components that had stong mid bass you might be able to forget out a sub at all. Sure you wouldn't get really low but it sounds like you don't want much bass at all. There may be subs that would fit under the seat off the top of my head i can't htink of any. Bazooka some other brand might make one.

edit: Here is one I just found. I have no idea how well it performs though. If i were you I'd get a nice 10" sub for the trunk. You could get one that does not require that big of a box and just tuck it in against the back seats in the trunk. That or wait a while for a fiberglass box that 2 different groups on the forum are currently developing.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/CLASRV303

I'm just getting into the higher end of car audio but in my opinion if you were to get a good set of components that had stong mid bass you might be able to forget out a sub at all. Sure you wouldn't get really low but it sounds like you don't want much bass at all. There may be subs that would fit under the seat off the top of my head i can't htink of any. Bazooka some other brand might make one.

edit: Here is one I just found. I have no idea how well it performs though. If i were you I'd get a nice 10" sub for the trunk. You could get one that does not require that big of a box and just tuck it in against the back seats in the trunk. That or wait a while for a fiberglass box that 2 different groups on the forum are currently developing.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/CLASRV303

Rockford's OEM Integration peice, the 3Sixty, has a Subwoofer output (and input). To see the difference betwen the CS and 3Sixty, check out this thread... http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35500&highlight=3sixty.1

Archived