LegacyGT.com

GT Limited wagon questions

bigbfitz

I am in the market for a new car. For a long time I had planned on getting an WRX STi but I just recently learned it has no trunk pass through. This is a huge deal to me because I am a surf fisherman and am constantly carrying 9' and 10' surf rods around with me in the summer. So then I thought why not get the GT wagon but I am confused about some things.

1) Can I get one with a stick?

2) How much can i increase the power of the engine without chipping it or otherwise doing something that will must likely end up voiding my warrenty?

Thanks for any help on these ???'s

Bob

The 2007 GT sedan models, which will begin arriving at dealerships next month, have a trunk pass-through. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard on the MY07 GT Limited sedan. A 6-speed manual transmission is standard on the MY07 GT spec.B sedan.

Here are some documents from Subaru that might help you decide whether a 2007 Legacy GT is the right car for you.

2007 Legacy GT spec.B Announcement

2007 Legacy GT Limited and spec.B "At-A-Glance"

2007 Legacy GT Limited and spec.B Standard Equipment

2007 Legacy GT Limited and spec.B Specifications

As for power-adders, you could certainly install a Subaru-approved intake (see https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1075) and/or replace the mufflers without jeopardizing your powertrain warranty. Subaru tends to view most modifications beyond that as powertrain re-engineering. BTW, "chipping" isn't done, per se, in Subaruland. Instead, the Read-Only Memmory (ROM), containing calibrations for spark advance, fuel enrichment, peak boost, etc. used by the Engine Control Module, is re-flashed via the standard OBD-II connector. Very slick.

Thanks for the info. I am wondering how dramatically the intake and exhaust mods will increase the proformance.

I have to say that the 07 spec B looks pretty sweet. Can someone explain exactly what that knob does? Also are Subarus sold with Sirius radios?

Thanks, I am getting pumped about this!

Bob

Intake will do nothing for you power wise. An up-pipe and down-pipe will net you some power but nothing dramatic. Most of the power gain comes from re-mapping the ECU.

Check here for all your '07 LGT question.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2007.html

BTW, '05 & '06 sedan both have a trunk pass-through. The '07 has the 60/40 fold-down back seats like the wagon. I don't think you need the fold-down seats for your rods but you should take them to the test drive and check.

Archived