LegacyGT.com

Brake maintenance...pads, ss lines, and bleeding.

• 4 weeks later...

awesome vid, but a couple of Q's

1) for the LGT, don't you have to remove the caliper to get to the pads? so wouldn't you have to use a c-clamp to push the pistons back in?

2) water to kill off/dilute spilled brake fluid?!

3) does the LGT have dual bleed screws like the STi?

Kenda:dm:

1) for the LGT, don't you have to remove the caliper to get to the pads? so wouldn't you have to use a c-clamp to push the pistons back in?

Good questions man

Well, the thing is, Kenda, the procedure shown in the video is specific for the OEM STi Brembo setup. ;) As such, all you'd need to do is pretty much what they show ya. :icon_cool

On the stockers for our LGTs, if I remember correctly, it's a "swing-up" deal on the calipers. Once they're "up," you should be able to remove the pads and then push-in the pistons in preparation for loading new pads.

Again, since this is for the OEM STi-upgrades, yes, those Brembos are the same as shown, and will have outboard and inboard bleeders.

If I recall correctly, our stockers are a one-bleeder per caliper deal.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looked like he put in the shim on the wrong side of the bracket but I have to watch it again to be sure, or there's something different about those lines/STi..

I'm a little surprised that they aired this with the car only being supported by a jack even though they flashed the warning to not do so.

• 10 months later...

C Clamp: In case someone reads this, note that you may need to use a C clamp on your calipers in order for them to fit over the rotor if you're installing new pads (note I didn't install new lines so the brake fluid was still full as I was changing pads). I had to do this on both pistons, one at a time, on each caliper (each stock caliper has 2 pistons). I put a small wood shim between the clamp and the pad to protect it. I also took out the outside pad (the pad not on the piston) to make more room for the C clamp.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Found this on HSPN videos, performing brake maintenance/upgrade on STi Brembos...hope some of you may find this helpful :) .

http://videos.hspn.com/?videoid=44

Great video!

I loved it!

Should be similar on the LGTs.

Now tell me where we can find a video for the rotors!

I know KEFEE posted a how to...but I don't think he used a high def camera crew...

C Clamp: In case someone reads this, note that you may need to use a C clamp on your calipers in order for them to fit over the rotor if you're installing new pads (note I didn't install new lines so the brake fluid was still full as I was changing pads). I had to do this on both pistons, one at a time, on each caliper (each stock caliper has 2 pistons). I put a small wood shim between the clamp and the pad to protect it. I also took out the outside pad (the pad not on the piston) to make more room for the C clamp.

Anymore details on the C-Clamp deal.

Any pics of the tool?

Any pics of the procedure?

Its the only thing that sounds confusing...everythign else loooks straight forward.

thanks

• 7 months later...

Archived