LegacyGT.com

Dash Rattle Can be Fixed

yeah my bad, the moral of the story is bring it in and they will fix it more than likely, just show them where the rattle comes from. and more than likely when you go on a drive with them to demonstrate it wont make a single noise because subaru techs are magical :icon_tong

This was my dealers idea of an acceptable attempt at fixing my dash rattle..

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/Legacy/DSCN3689.sized.jpg

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/Legacy/DSCN3690.sized.jpg

Needless to say when I got to my car and saw that I went right back into the dealer and told them that wasn't even close to acceptable. The service manager came out and looked at it and started to laugh and agreed. I removed that caulk and fixed the rattle by tightening the screw on the side of the dash.

My dealer left a couple of dirty fingerprints on the A-pillar and a smudge on the windshield but nothing obscene like that...I'd wonder what kind of work that dealer does in less visable areas if that is there solution to a dash rattle.

I found the cause of a bad rattle yesterday that has been bothering me for some time... I thought it had been change rattling around in my change tray, or something in the shift knob / shift boot, but it turned out to be a rattling E-Brake thumb button.

I'm not sure what to do in this case... drive around with one hand on the E-Brake and my thumb holding the button so it doesn't rattle?

Sheesh... damn rattles!

I took my car in today to fix the dash rattle, the Subaru service tech took the car out with me and tried to figured out what was causeing, because of course its not a consistant rattle. He thought it might be body flex. I was told they called up SOA and like i told them, it was a pretty common problem, apperately SOA has a solution for it now because its fixed. NO MORE RATTLE

YAY.

I love my car ... basically.

I found the cause of a bad rattle yesterday that has been bothering me for some time... I thought it had been change rattling around in my change tray, or something in the shift knob / shift boot, but it turned out to be a rattling E-Brake thumb button.

I'm not sure what to do in this case... drive around with one hand on the E-Brake and my thumb holding the button so it doesn't rattle?

Sheesh... damn rattles!

I had that same rattle. Drove me nuts. I actually started to drive around with my thumb on the button all the time. My solution: a small strip of lead tape (use to add weight to golf club heads) on the underside of the button. I slipped it almost all the way into the handle so you can't see it at all. Completely cured that buzzy rattle.

I had the same dash rattle too. It changes with the outside temperature. I got a lubricant spray and sprayed between the dash and the window. On the right side the noise disappeared alomst the same day.

Dammned plastic. WHat I know for sure that the upper dash part is held by bolts in the lower end. At the window end it has plastic clips which cause the noise and the rattle.

This was my dealers idea of an acceptable attempt at fixing my dash rattle..

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/Legacy/DSCN3689.sized.jpg

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/Legacy/DSCN3690.sized.jpg

Needless to say when I got to my car and saw that I went right back into the dealer and told them that wasn't even close to acceptable. The service manager came out and looked at it and started to laugh and agreed. I removed that caulk and fixed the rattle by tightening the screw on the side of the dash.

One reason why I do not take my car to the dealers for problems like these.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

• 5 months later...

Archived