LegacyGT.com

Fitment issue with 24" Piaa Super Sporza wiper

HansGT

Recently purchased some Piaa wipers for my car.

18" Super Silicone and 24" Super Sporza Silicone. The "Sporza" has the spoiler similar to our OEM wiper. That's the main reason I got it. I was going to get just refills, but said what the hell I'll replace the entire thing. Wrong idea.

Passenger side, no problem.

Then the drivers. Install is no problem. The problem is with the spoiler. Our stock spoiler curves out and away from the wiper arm, the Piaa stays straight. So when it's installed it rubs up next to the wiper arm. I didn't think too much of it until I ran the wipers. When the wiper goes down the spoiler flips under the wiper arm. On the way up it's released and pops out from under the arm. It didn't effect the wiper doing its job, it's just with the repetition the spoiler began leaving a mark on the wiper arm.

I looked into just swapping the spoilers, but they hook up differently to the wiper frame. Theirs no way to swap. So in the end I kept my stock wiper frames and used the Piaa blade. I should have just gotten the refills.

Oh and I did the same for the passenger side. The look of the Piaa didn't match OEM, being anal, they had to match. So I just swapped out the Piaa blade on the stock frame.

They work great, just wish I knew ahead of time.

Anyone want to buy two Piaa wiper frames minus the blade?:lol:

^ +1.... no problems here, either....

Or maybe they revamped the SuperSporza's "wing" between when we bought ours and when brother Han'sGT has purchased his, so soon ago?

:(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ +1.... no problems here, either....

Or maybe they revamped the SuperSporza's "wing" between when we bought ours and when brother Han'sGT has purchased his, so soon ago?

:(

Does your spoiler parellel to the wiper blade frame? That's how it is on the one i got. The OEM curves away from the wiper arm. I'll try to post some pics.

i have the same exact same setup for the past year and i have no problems with it. maybe the wipers are adjusted too low.

nope it was on correctly. the spoiler does sit below the blade, correct? I don't think i had it upside down.:confused:

nope it was on correctly. the spoiler does sit below the blade' date=' correct? I don't think i had it upside down.:confused:[/quote']

you can have it upside down actually, because of where the mounting point is for the wiper to the arm is not the midpoint of the wiper.. it's offset.. so it's possible that you have the entire arm too far over i havent had any rubbing issues or anything like that.. flip it around, it might clear that way.

Keefe

^ My "spoiler" is definitely *below* the wiper blade/arm.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ My "spoiler" is definitely *below* the wiper blade/arm.....

cool. that's how i had it and that's how the OEM is. man i'm going to feel like a real jacka** if i switch it around and it fits.:lol:

^ +1

----

Han'sGT, bro, don't worry 'bout it - it's all good! :lol:

• 1 year later...
Wish I read this thread before ordering my PIAA wipers. I can't get the adapter to fit inside the hooked end of the wiper arm. I bought the Super Silicones in 18 and 24. I thought the spoiler on the driver's side was attached to the wiper arm, not the wiper blade. Anyway, I called PIAA and they said there is no fit for the 07 Legacy? What's happening here?

Archived