LegacyGT.com

TDC introduces integrated subwoofer boxes for LGT trunk..guaging interest first

TDC Joe

Would you be interested in a sub box custom made for the LGT trunk?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a sub box custom made for the LGT trunk?

• Hell yea I would....
    • Nah not my thing

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Wow amazing how similar it looks to our enclosure. Hmmmm

Kind of like this one... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/RC-NUT/PASSENGER1.jpg

OH AND I SHOULD MENTION I HAVE THE DRIVERS SIDE TOO.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/RC-NUT/DRIVERS2.jpg

HOWEVER I COMPLIMENT YOUR EFFORTS, NICE JOB ON THE ENCLOSURE, FUNNY WE ARE ALL FROM NH HA, SO CLOSE TO EACH OTHER. i will give you a call sometime for an AWD dyno on my Trailblazer SS.

If Manville thinks it's an issue, I'll ask the guy to edit. (I'm no lawyer and I don't think there are many patent attorney's here).

Calling something 'stealthy' is not the same as advertising using a trademarked brandname.

Well one of my best friends is a lawyer and I just happened to be chatting with him this morning and he said there is no question that stealthy box vs stealth box would hold up. They would be sued haha.

So there is the official answer but whatever..........

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

TDC...

Calling an offroad vehicle "Jeepy" would probably invite a letter from Daimler-Chrysler's lawyers, don't you think?. If a shop opened up down the street calling itself "TDC Tuners" you would probably be upset, right?

I'm not interested in suing anybody, believe me. I just asked you to use a different name in order to avoid any confusion. We have invested a lot of time, effort and money into our Stealthbox® products and we have to protect our trademarks from infringement. I don't like litigation and making lawyers rich, but we have successfully defended our trademarks against infringement in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

FYI... The test for trademark infringement is based on a "likelihood of confusion in the marketplace". Trademark law is a very specific discipline often not well understood by those in the legal profession who do not specialize in it. I would suggest that anyone selling and marketing a product avoid any similar language to another company's trademarks.

eb50:

The LGT wagon Stealthbox has an MSRP of $750... the woofer in it is a 10W6v2 which retails for $400.00... the grille is $20.00 retail... so at full MSRP you're paying $330 for a specifically tuned, custom-fitted, quality fiberglass enclosure with secure mounting provisions. Not much more expensive than TDC's price, is it?

TDC...

Calling an offroad vehicle "Jeepy" would probably invite a letter from Daimler-Chrysler's lawyers, don't you think?. If a shop opened up down the street calling itself "TDC Tuners" you would probably be upset, right?

I'm not interested in suing anybody, believe me. I just asked you to use a different name in order to avoid any confusion. We have invested a lot of time, effort and money into our Stealthbox® products and we have to protect our trademarks from infringement. I don't like litigation and making lawyers rich, but we have successfully defended our trademarks against infringement in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

FYI... The test for trademark infringement is based on a "likelihood of confusion in the marketplace". Trademark law is a very specific discipline often not well understood by those in the legal profession who do not specialize in it. I would suggest that anyone selling and marketing a product avoid any similar language to another company's trademarks.

eb50:

The LGT wagon Stealthbox has an MSRP of $750... the woofer in it is a 10W6v2 which retails for $400.00... the grille is $20.00 retail... so at full MSRP you're paying $330 for a specifically tuned, custom-fitted, quality fiberglass enclosure with secure mounting provisions. Not much more expensive than TDC's price, is it?

First of all Manville, HE (nazar) was/is calling them stealthy

if you read the tread we were coming up with a new name

and not selling them' as "stealth boxes"

and while your pricing is great do you even MAKE one for an LGT sedan?........

hmmm nope......

not to mention we havent even started production.

hence the GAUGING interest part

sorry if that comes off "meanspirited" its not ment that way simply factual statments

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

Archived