LegacyGT.com

Wagon Halo!

I swear that wagons are stealth to radar. Maybe I've just lucked out, or I haven't been going over the limit far enough (I generally keep within 10 over), but seriously I can't count the number of times I should've been pulled only only to be completely ignored. The only time I've been pulled over was in my 01 Outback wagon, got a warning for 71 in a 55. That was probably also the only time I wasn't intentionally speeding. :lol: (I was tired and trying to keep my eye on the road not paying attention to my speed. Normally I'm very concious of my speed)

Just remember that wagon stealth fields become ineffective in the dark.

=)

It's not my fault....must be my car.

Such crap

Try driving around in a riced out civic for a week, obey all the traffic laws and I guarantee you will be stopped at least once. They may not give you a ticket but they will stop you. Unless you live on the moon :lol:

It's so simple, why deny it. Most street racing is done by young kids in riced out cars, therefore the police stop check them more often than a family wagon. It's called profiling, and is a very succesful method of policing.

Of course, this is all crap :iam:

This is cool....I feel like I am back on NASIOC with the "Kids"

There is no answer to this set of stories.......a lot of people just need to feel victimized.

My neighbour came over one day to tell me he had been stopped for NOTHING!! He had been ticketed for 1 Kph over the limit.......He showed me the ticket.....guess what?? 31 Kph over the limit in a 30 Kph "School zone"

"I'm entitled to a 30Kph leeway"....duh!! Double the limit in a school zone.

Enjoy your paranoia boys and girls!!:)

Your neighbor is an ass and should lose his license for at least a week. What's wrong with farkers like this, is he trying to run kids over? Man I'd love to shoot this asshole.

Try driving around in a riced out civic for a week, obey all the traffic laws and I guarantee you will be stopped at least once. They may not give you a ticket but they will stop you. Unless you live on the moon :lol:

It's so simple, why deny it. Most street racing is done by young kids in riced out cars, therefore the police stop check them more often than a family wagon. It's called profiling, and is a very succesful method of policing.

Of course, this is all crap :iam:

Well, let's step back here - who would drive a riced out civic? That type of kid is going to drive like an idiot 9 times out of 10. I'm not a cop, either. I'd never be caught dead in a riced out civic.

LOL jerkin' your chain. But I agree with the cop - it's you not your car. Repeat that phrase. I've done a lot of high speed highway driving across the US, and I've never gotten a ticket doing it, because I slow down when it's appropriate, I don't cut people off or tailgate, and I use a turn signal. Little stuff like that makes you aware of other people and encourages you to be considerate of others. You are a different person when you are considerate of others.

good luck with that.

-)

I just heard on the news today that the local CHP and cops will crack down on illegally modified cars here in the bay area. They have officers spread out in popular hangouts to look for these cars. Their definition of illegal mods includes

- non-factory exhaust

- lowered suspension (headlights must be 22" or higher from the ground)

- air intake

- engine mods

The reason is that they claim 90% of modified cars will street race. If that is not car profiling, I'm a monkey's uncle. :icon_bigg

Picture Gallery

PhilT, that was well put!!! ^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS; I am personally glad that the majority of law enforcement officers profile!!! Just think what may be if they couldn't profile? Not just in traffic/automobile cases but everywhere. Chime in if you want MPs/former MPs, but that is standard training in the USMC as well I am sure in the "other" branches.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

There is a fine line in criminal profiling....

paying attention to who is likely to be committing a crime, and then enforcing the law when criminal activity happens...

Vs.

pre-judging someone due to a stereotype, and pre-prosecuting someone for a crime they haven't committed, because you think they might... Which is outside of police or judicial authority, due to the precept of innocence until conviction of guilt by surpassing the burden of proof.

OR

By enrapping someone to commit a crime that they otherwise may not have committed, for the same reason as above.

I have no problem with police using common sense to understand the nature of the world and human nature, to facilitate their jobs... but being a bastard and applying double standards and lack of propriety is not a good thing. It can be a fine line.

But prosecuting someone more aggressively because their car is lowered or decorated, because they MIGHT street race... seems like it is skirting the line.

Watching someone with such a decorated or lowered car isn't a problem. But nail them for street racing, if they are street racing. It is dangerous to make a policy out of treating that group of people poorly due to perceived propensity is wrong.

What happens when you are part of a group that is perceived incorrectly? Will you like to be treated poorly in a similar way, because someone else thinks you might be capable of a crime you haven't committed?

I think all politicians should imediatly be pre-sentenced to prison terms for the liklyhood that they will lie, cheat, and steal tax revenues.

This is not funny because it is absolutely too true. sigh.

Archived