LegacyGT.com

Radio/hvac "my stereo" problem

LittleBlueGT

I have had the problem of my hvac lights not working as of late. A few other members have also had this problem. The lights on the factory head unit work, but the ones on the hvac do not, although the hvac itself still works fine.

The dealer replaced the hvac display, did not solve the problem. The dealer today replaced the head-unit, still did not solve problem.

Now they are saying I have to disconnect my aftermarket stereo because they figure that is causing the problem. I have a decent sized stereo all using the factory headunit but with a cleansweep in between. My stero has been on the car for 8 months now and I have changed nothing since the install, now they are saying the install likely has something to do with the problem.

??????????????????????????????????????

They are saying that since the hvac controls go through the stereo wiring it may be related. They are not saying it is the problem, but in order for them to troubleshoot it better they want it disconnected.

Them alerting you sure beats ripping it all out and telling you after the fact!

It sounds like a legitmate request too, since they've replaced the hardware with no effect so the fault most likely lies in the wiring.

Curious... I thought it was just the 2 smaller connectors for the audio system and the larger block for the HVAC? Why would the aftermarket stereo lines have anything to do with the HVAC lines?

Why would you wire the ACC through the radio?

I'm pretty sure they share the power/dimmer lines.

I know this isn't a technical fix, but mine went out when I pulled off the dyno... after messing with for a bit I just gave it a nice whack on the passenger side of the consol... problem fixed.

Archived