LegacyGT.com

bent by day, straight by night ???

ebpda9

since i got the new wheels i had some vibration during the day (especially when it's hot outside), but never at night. I had them balanced and rotated but the problem still seems to continue. i know the tires have some unveven wear so i thoght that was the noise and the vibration from, but when i had them balanced i found out i have one bent wheel. what's weird is that all the vibration and noises stop at night, or when it gets cooler outside. any ideas ? i thought a bent wheel is supposed to vbibrate all the time.

since i got the new wheels i had some vibration during the day (especially when it's hot outside), but never at night. I had them balanced and rotated but the problem still seems to continue. i know the tires have some unveven wear so i thoght that was the noise and the vibration from, but when i had them balanced i found out i have one bent wheel. what's weird is that all the vibration and noises stop at night, or when it gets cooler outside. any ideas ? i thought a bent wheel is supposed to vbibrate all the time.

Could be your tires, ie they start vibrating when they run warmer (like during the day). Do you notice a difference between winter/summer driving?

i got the wheels used and the tires are worn uneven. they are summer only tires

and yes the same thing is happening no matter on the roads i drive. i will put the stockers back on with the winter tires for a few days and see what is happening.

tires/pressures are looking to be the problem. check & maybe lower the pressures a little. try a different set of tires. plus a "summer" tire compared to a all season or winter tire is going to be harder, with alot less give. so if the tires already have uneven/choppy waer this add to the problems

Archived