LegacyGT.com

Quick Turbo Timer Question

I was just wondering if it's necessary to install a turbo timer in our GT. The dealership I bought my GT from said that it's not necessary and that if the install was done improperly, it could void the warranty. I initially wanted to install one, but I'm now unsure.

its not necessary. our water cooled turbos are cooled even when the car is off due to coolant circulation and the way that second coolant bottle is situated. do a search, its been discussed before. id spend that turbo timer money elsewhere.

My turbo timer is as follows depending on conditions:

1) Just cruising around, no reving: a) Park the car; b) wait 10-20 seconds; c) Turn off the car.

2) Reving and running the car hard: a) Park the car; b) wait up to 1-2 mins (depending on how hard I've run her); c) turn off car.

No offense, but I've never understood the need for turbo timers. I can wait a minute.

Turbo timer not necesary. Stock LGT has a function where the fluid travels after the car is off.

In the GTi there's an electronic pump that keeps pumping after the car is off too.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Archived