LegacyGT.com

Nice piece on the '07 Spec.B

I was hoping for more changes...

And that Si-Drive is sort of a joke. It basically just allows you to "cut power" when you want to, to save gas. Don't know about you, but I want full potential, all of the time!

They need a few more changes, before I'd ever consider getting one...

"Insert Signature Here"

With all these midsize sedans camry specifically having 268 hp. How hard is it for subaru to make 10-15 hp just for marketing reasons. I mean the SAE ratings already make the car look a little wimpy compared to its competition. Why not do a little tuning and get 260 hp. In my opinion subaru should have put more money into tuning then the SI Drive.

On another note I think Subaru is going the right direction with some parts of the car. Its also good for me because i can hold out for an '09/'10 model, I can only dream of what that might include.

it looks the same, they need to redesign Something
They did. Six speed manual coupled with Vehicle Dynamic Control and Subaru's Tire Pressure Monitoring System and two-position memory driver's seat. And, of course, the new SI-Drive and Torsen LSD on the rear.

New turbo, interesting... but no more info than that.

They go on a bit about the interior package, but they make no mention of the paint. Are those in the know ABSOLUTELY SURE that the spec B won't be available in all 5 colors? (wooo-hoooo five whole colors)

Now that they have canned Garnet red.... remaining black, gray (the color that has so far been shown, but barely even acknowledged...) silver, white, and Newport Blue would all be compatible with the blue alcantara interior.

That would solve my Newport Blue with black interior dilemma, albeit with more cost to up to the Spec B. Most of which I want, anyway, other than the diamond gray paint, and Nav... I'd overlook paying for the Nav, if I could get Newport Blue.

I have heard Opie and Jon in CT say that the spec B will be only Diamond Gray.... then why do no press articles mention Diamond gray metallic as the exclusive color when they talk about the "special appearance", and the blue interior?

Dunno... they just said "reworked turbo for 07..." and that was it.

I was kind of dissappointed that they commented that 6th gear on the Spec B was nearly equivalent to 5th on the LGT 5MT. I was hoping for taller... but beggars can't choose everything.

']They did. Six speed manual coupled with Vehicle Dynamic Control and Subaru's Tire Pressure Monitoring System and two-position memory driver's seat. And' date=' of course, the new SI-Drive and Torsen LSD on the rear.[/quote']

Why are you so immediate in jumping down someone's throat? I appreciate your info and all but come on! If you read one more post below this:

it looks the same, they need to redesign Something

you would have read this:

on the outside i mean

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With all these midsize sedans camry specifically having 268 hp. How hard is it for subaru to make 10-15 hp just for marketing reasons. I mean the SAE ratings already make the car look a little wimpy compared to its competition. Why not do a little tuning and get 260 hp. In my opinion subaru should have put more money into tuning then the SI Drive.

On another note I think Subaru is going the right direction with some parts of the car. Its also good for me because i can hold out for an '09/'10 model, I can only dream of what that might include.

Why not 300/300????????????

Come on????? A Camry and a Maxima with more power??? I know they don't offer AWD, but what a poor comparison for Subie fans... This without even comparing to the ass killer new M3/RS4....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Why all the comparisons with Camry and Maxima? Those buyers in all probability won't be cross shopping with the Legacy. The 330i only has 250hp also....who says they would rather have a Camry than the BMW just because it has 268hp???

Why all the comparisons with Camry and Maxima? Those buyers in all probability won't be cross shopping with the Legacy. The 330i only has 250hp also....who says they would rather have a Camry than the BMW just because it has 268hp???

To the general public BMW>Toyota>Subaru for badge appeal. That alone would sway decisions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why not 300/300????????????

Come on????? A Camry and a Maxima with more power??? I know they don't offer AWD, but what a poor comparison for Subie fans... This without even comparing to the ass killer new M3/RS4....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

It's tough to compare the spec b with a new RS4 or even M3.

It's tough to compare the spec b with a new RS4 or even M3.

new version rs4 and m3 are out of the spec.B's league in my opinion. 330xi/is350/a4 3.2 s-line are more like it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's almost like Porsche with the 987 vs 997 platform, the Impreza based STI is Subaru's halo car and if the Legacy made as much power stock, then that would cannibalize STI sales.

X2

It's almost like Porsche with the 987 vs 997 platform, the Impreza based STI is Subaru's halo car and if the Legacy made as much power stock, then that would cannibalize STI sales.

X2

That has always been a concern, but i dun think most ppl like legacy over impreza, they just like that big hood scoop and (perferably) make it rice looking...

Archived