LegacyGT.com

Legacy on Tribeca Platform - bigger WRX coming?

Sponge

So I have been reading around mostly on Edumunds trying to find out more about the go-cart's remodel (08 Impreza/WRX) and it sounds like it is going to be bigger more of a shortened Legacy platform.

What Edmunds.com Says:A top to bottom redesign should give the Impreza the kind of hardware it needs to remain a top performing sport sedan and wagon.

What We Know: Subaru is giving the sporty Impreza a full-out redesign some two years after the minor updates which are due to appear on the 2006 Impreza. Considerably different than the current model, the 2008 Subaru Impreza will be based on a shorter version of the Subaru Legacy platform. Additionally, Subaru has decided to start building this vehicle in the United States, as opposed to Japan, at its Lafayette, Indiana plant.

Any Nabsico regulars have anymore info on this?

Something else I have ran across is that the Legacy could be moving up a class to the Tribeca platform as a full size car...with the rumors of a minivan coming too and the few modifications we are seeing in the 08 car I have this gut feeling that the 09 more likely '10 will be bigger...

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef8938d/0

Subaru May Field Minivan for U.S.

Subaru could be the next brand to bring a minivan to the United States to compete with the heavy-hitting Chrysler minivans, Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey. Reports last week indicated that the new vehicle could be offered sometime after 2007, when the company redesigns its Legacy sedan and bumps it up into a larger size class. A Legacy-derived minivan could be built in the U.S. as well. The proposed van would be a seven-seater with all-wheel drive and a flat-six engine

Personally because I am 6'3" a little bit more room would be great but I love the size and hope it doesn't change much...if at all. The minivan sparks my intrest because the wife wants one and I might be able to own a Suby one. Otherwise a Mazda 5 it will be

Again all rumors and hear say and could all be garbage but its fun to here everyone's thoughts...:munch:

So I have been reading around mostly on Edumunds trying to find out more about the go-cart's remodel (08 Impreza/WRX) and it sounds like it is going to be bigger more of a shortened Legacy platform.

Any Nabsico regulars have anymore info on this?

Something else I have ran across is that the Legacy could be moving up a class to the Tribeca platform as a full size car...with the rumors of a minivan coming too and the few modifications we are seeing in the 08 car I have this gut feeling that the 09 more likely '10 will be bigger...

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef8938d/0

Personally because I am 6'3" a little bit more room would be great but I love the size and hope it doesn't change much...if at all. The minivan sparks my intrest because the wife wants one and I might be able to own a Suby one. Otherwise a Mazda 5 it will be

Again all rumors and hear say and could all be garbage but its fun to here everyone's thoughts...:munch:

Well, I was part of that Edmunds discussion you posted the link to. As you can see, it's over a year old. As far as I know nothing new has been reported.

Speculation on my part is that it would make sense for Subaru to build the next Legacy off the B9 platform, but I have nothing to support or deny that.

Bob

Quote:

What Edmunds.com Says:A top to bottom redesign should give the Impreza the kind of hardware it needs to remain a top performing sport sedan and wagon.

What We Know: Subaru is giving the sporty Impreza a full-out redesign some two years after the minor updates which are due to appear on the 2006 Impreza. Considerably different than the current model, the 2008 Subaru Impreza will be based on a shorter version of the Subaru Legacy platform. Additionally, Subaru has decided to start building this vehicle in the United States, as opposed to Japan, at its Lafayette, Indiana plant.

I think Subaru will still build cars in Japan for the non-USA market - just like what's hapening with the Legacy.

I think Subaru will still build cars in Japan for the non-USA market - just like what's hapening with the Legacy.
You mean like only North America (with Legacy built in Indiana) and Japan get turbocharged Legacy models? Because, as far as I can tell, only Japan and North America are getting turbo Legacy models today.

']You mean like only North America (with Legacy built in Indiana) and Japan get turbocharged Legacy models? Because' date=' as far as I can tell, only Japan and North America are getting turbo Legacy models today.[/quote']

Nope, turbo Legacy models are available worldwide (maybe not every country). Some I know for a fact:

Australia

New Zealand

Hong Kong

Singapore

Archived