LegacyGT.com

Need Help finding powerful SUV

Hey everyone,

My parents are looking to condense their lives as they are getting older. They want to get rid of their big Dodge truck and my mom's older SUV and get one car that meets all of their needs.

They see my new Subaru and I'm always talking about how great it is but obviously a spec b doesn't meet their needs.

I was hoping you could point me in the right direction and I could have a shot at converting two more people into subaru fans.

The biggest concern is they need a decent payload. They have a bass boat that weighs approx 3,000 pounds. Does subaru make anything with a payload around 3500?

If anyone has any ideas let mek now.

Thanks

Seems like htey need a heavy duty truck for their towing needs.

Subaru does not make anything like that, maybe a nice Navigator, or even a offering from Nissan, Honda, or the other two american brands?

Sorry for such a vague answer, but I am sure someone else will chime in.

X

---

The Toyoata FJ is a nice looking vehicle.

Engine size?

Base Price for FJ?

I was really hoping that Subaru had a vehicle that would tow the boat.

I didn't think so but it doens't hurt to ask..right?

I guess they are late in the game as far as Japanese auto makers coming up with a V8 truck....

Price...probably isn't a major concern... but I would say 25-35 is probably where they want to be.

Gas mileage would be nice but it is hard to get big tow load with good gas mileage.

Not sure how they feel about the new chevy that turns off half the engine when the power isn't needed. Great technology but also a NEW technology.

The biggest concern is they need a decent payload. They have a bass boat that weighs approx 3,000 pounds. Does subaru make anything with a payload around 3500?

If anyone has any ideas let mek now.

Thanks

The B9 Tribeca towing capacity is 3,500 lbs when equipped with the optional towing kit.

^ Would the Cobb supercharger setup in any way be contraindicated by towing?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Umm... Are you serious?

I have to check that out right now....

Yes...he was serious.

It took a while to find. It isn't something they are obviously marketing the vehicle for. But you can add a transmission oil cooler and increase towing capacity to 3500 pounds which is exactly what my parents are looking for.

See there is a reason I posted this. :lol:

I really want to steer them towards a B9.

Besides if 10 years from now they don't want it anymore they may give it to me?

right?

Not sure how they feel about the new chevy that turns off half the engine when the power isn't needed. Great technology but also a NEW technology.

No that’s not a new Technology....Chevy has being using that for about 10 years now if not more.....I know this because they been using it with in there "North Star Motors" Cadillac…yes they have a new “flavor” but thats about it.

Yes...he was serious.

It took a while to find. It isn't something they are obviously marketing the vehicle for. But you can add a transmission oil cooler and increase towing capacity to 3500 pounds which is exactly what my parents are looking for.

See there is a reason I posted this. :lol:

I really want to steer them towards a B9.

Besides if 10 years from now they don't want it anymore they may give it to me?

right?

hmmm,

Dude I want to rain on your parade but, your boat weighing 3k and the towing capacity is 3.5k…..you can make up that .5 k by fuel, oil, and other little things in the boat not to mention passengers…. I don’t think the B-9 is enough machine to be towing around a Bass boat…..I tow one as well……my 4-runner has a tough enough time with it climbing hills. I do have all the extra’s as well for towing…..

You’ll be maxing that thing out…..and I have seen what happens to vehicles towing too much….

:whore: hence my tahoo suggestion. You cant be bumping up against the limit. There should be some wiggle room.

Its kinda like trying to fit full C cups into a B cup bra :icon_bigg It might work for a while, but eventually the strain will be too great and something will drop out! :naughty:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!

Dodge Turbodiesel FTW :D

Performance

Base Number of Cylinders: 6

Base Engine Size: 5.9 liters

Base Engine Type: Inline 6

Horsepower: 325 hp

Max Horsepower: 2900 rpm

Torque: 610 ft-lbs.

Max Torque: 1600 rpm

Maximum Payload: 2590 lbs.

Maximum Towing Capacity: 15500 lbs.

Drive Type: 4WD

Turning Circle: 49.7 ft.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2006/Dodge/100626343/20027774-E.jpg

If you're going to buy a truck, buy a truck and not the Honda pretender - Truck of the Year or not (just check out the flack that got 'em). I mean, they have this "thoughtful" trunk-like area under the bed. That's great unless you need to put something in the bed!

Check out an extended cab Tacoma or something, or even *gasp* the Mitsubishi Raider with a v8. Move a real load with a real engine and you won't do it any other way again.

SUV? Have 'em try the current 4Runner. Hell, even a Grand Marquis can tow 5k lbs!

The B9 Tribeca towing capacity is 3,500 lbs when equipped with the optional towing kit.

Ridgeline

Hell no to both! Not to insult anyone. But I tow. I have a 1997 Chevy Suburban K1500, 5.7L SB 350, Class III hitch.

If you plan on towing very infrequently or for short distances, those 2 choices will do. If towing often, you'll quickly be very unhappy with anything smaller then a 4.5 - 5.0L V8 whether it's a Titan, Explorer, Grand Cherokee, Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition, Landcruiser, Yukon/Yukon XL, Durango, etc. 3500lbs continuous towing is too taxing on those small engines. Try towing that weight uphill for 5 miles up a winding incline in a Tribeca. You'll start crying (if you can even move).

What you need, my friend, is a low end flat torque curve for frequent towing of that much weight regardless of what the manufacturer specs claim for those other "passenger" vehicles. You need an American (Japanese make'em now too) V8. The Ridgeline doesn't even have a frame chassis. It's a unibody and I bet will quickly stress and twist under such loads.

:icon_surp

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Archived