LegacyGT.com

Cusco sway bar installed...review

HansGT

I just remembered, are you are on stock springs and struts (my guess is no, hard to remember everyone's setup).

after some long term testing, I managed to still roll the car and I know my tires are getting a beating from the track.. so if anything, the springs that I have on my Zeal Coilovers have to go at a higher rate to prevent the majority of the roll.. the bars are there to add some help to the springs, but its job is not to eliminate all of it.. just one of those clarifications..

Ultimately when I get off my butt and start taking the Zeals back in for the rebuild, I'll end up getting a set of 14kg springs up front and 12 kg springs in the rear.. this will certainly help out the suspension some and keep the tires from lifting up during cornering..

Keefe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How would a front bar match up with a JDM rear 20mm and Sti Pinks? I'm pretty settled on my spring choice, but I'm wondering if I should get the RSB to match the front. Will this make a big difference, or is the 20mm I'm running in the back be good enough for my spirited (no autox) driving?

I know swaybars aren't really cheap, but they're not that much. I'd just try the setup with just the rear, then if you're not happy, get a front and try it. If you don't like it, someone here will likely gladly buy it off you for a discount. In the end you paid only a few dollars to see what you like. Just a thought.

How would a front bar match up with a JDM rear 20mm and Sti Pinks? I'm pretty settled on my spring choice, but I'm wondering if I should get the RSB to match the front. Will this make a big difference, or is the 20mm I'm running in the back be good enough for my spirited (no autox) driving?

Think you'd be fine. Ideally a matched set would be best. Why not sell your JDM 20mm bar and get a set of Cusco's? I have front and rear and the car is very flat and has great balance. Very pleased.

I thought about it. How much could I get for a JDM 20mm rear do you think?

you paid about $190 (new) for it right? I think you could get $150 no prob.

I got a real good price from hovied...send him a PM...maybe he has more.

$160 new from Rallitek...I bet someone would take it for say $100-120, plus shipping. Heck, offer it up for $140 and see if you get some takers. I just sold a new one myself (it was brand new though) as I have a Cusco set.

Archived