LegacyGT.com

Cusco sway bar installed...review

HansGT

Front (23mm) and Rear (21mm) Cusco sways installed this past Saturday. :icon_bigg

Thanks to Rob at Maryland Turbo Solutions and his friend Doug for the install. Great work guys! Highly recommended. By the way, Rob's FMIC set up is just sick. Car sounds and looks great. ( a bit jealous )

http://www.marylandturbo.com/catalog/

Review:

Well I must say my ride has really firmed up, in a good way. I had just been rolling on iON springs, which made a huge improvement over stock, but still was plagued with a bit of body roll, thus sway bars. The body roll is greatly reduced now and the car just feels more planted and secure. It's like point and go now...no jerking around in the seat. I did some quick lane changing today and was like, damn that's nice. Reminded me of my old 944.

So far no squeaks or clunks.

Overall, very very pleased. The car should have came from the factory like this.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a front one to put on. I thought the rear alone would be enough, but I've still got some roll and the front doesn't seem quick to turn in.

By the way...stock endlinks?

yep, stock endlinks. I'm going to see how they hold up. Keefe used his stockers for 34K miles before thinking something was going wrong with them. So I'm going to save the cash for now. If I get clunking I may upgrade the endlinks to try and stop it. But so far so good. (fingers crossed):icon_bigg

Also keep in mind, Keefe is "mr. autox" as well. :) Unless your following in his footsteps and auto-xing hard, yours should last a bit longer in theory. Those stocker end links though are pretty laughable.

-Rob

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Also keep in mind, Keefe is "mr. autox" as well. :) Unless your following in his footsteps and auto-xing hard, yours should last a bit longer in theory. Those stocker end links though are pretty laughable.

-Rob

If I'm not mistaken their about as thick as a pencil.:lol:

I've fu><ored the threads somehow on mine from all the changes to my suspension. I knew the last time I reinstalled them, that would be the last and that the next time I removed them I'd better have a new one to replace it with. :lol:

If I'm not mistaken their about as thick as a pencil.:lol:

You sir are not mistaken. I'm surprised they dont bend with the stock sway, but I guess that's why the stock sway looks like a coat hanger. :lol:

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

-Rob

yea, but they can take the abuse.

Keefe

I've been debating on getting the front and rear sways for a while and since $$ was a factor, I didn't get it due to fear of the breakage of the OEM endlinks with some Cusco's or whatever...but like Han'sGT said, "if they've survived all you've put them through then I feel pretty safe" :D...thanks for all the input guys! :)
In Taiwan now...:spin:

Just be careful of jacking the car up from one side now. I think Keefe mentioned it first, you can put a LOT of pressure on those endlinks now with the Cusco sway. I have a feeling that me jacking my car up every weekend to fiddle with something played a roll in the death of my endlinks. I think I hear them clunking now......

it's possible to break them like so.. i just jack from the diff.. but of all my car work, i still jack from both front and rear side jacking points and nothing is broken.. just jack up slowly and lower slowly...
Keefe

^ my issues is that the front control arm bushings are finally taking a beating.. so even my "clunking sounds" isn't from the endlinks ;) at 50,000 miles now..

Isn't there a company out there that makes solid, spherical press in bushings for the front control arm? I had a set like that for my old z28. Real harsh but tons of feedback and very responsive.

Isn't there a company out there that makes solid, spherical press in bushings for the front control arm? I had a set like that for my old z28. Real harsh but tons of feedback and very responsive.

Perrin does.. I have yet to do this mod.. I might just opt to get that AND a set of Spec B aluminum control arms while I am at it for the ultimate response :p

Keefe

Hay Han'sGT ,So is it that much better Maybe I need to go for another ride.I am still debating what to do?But sways are a must.

body roll is pretty much gone in everyday driving. I LOVE IT! You can still feel it when pushed in the off ramps, but not close to what it was. The springs and sways are a nice combo.

I just need new tires now....the 92's are forgiving because you can feel when they start to slip, but i want more grip....maybe next spring.

I just need new tires now....the 92's are forgiving because you can feel when they start to slip, but i want more grip....maybe next spring.

Great path...

Spring

Sways with or without new endlinks

Tires

:-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Great path...

Spring

Sways with or without new endlinks

Tires

:-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

yeah, i wanted to do tires first, i just couldn't push convience myself to get rid of brand new ones....they'll wear out soon enough.

Archived