LegacyGT.com

18x8, 48 offset OZ Superleggeras clear STi Brembos!!!

KartRacerBoy

I did a test fitment of my new front STi Brembo kit tonight (got all stock parts back together at 9:30 pm as darkness closed in) on my LGT wagon to see if my 18x8, 48 offset OZ Superleggeras cleared the Brembos without wheel spacers. Despite the information to the contrary on the NASIOC STi fitment thread and from Tire Rack saying I would be 3 mm in the negative (based on STi fitment), they clear by 3 mm and perhaps 5 mm. No spacers required, which is good because after installing Swift springs, I'm not sure the OZs would fit with spacers unless I dial in alot of negative camber and/or roll the front fenders (although I'll be adding negative camber when I find a decent alignment shop).

I suspect the difference is due to differences between the STi and the LGT in the distance from the wheel mounting face on the brake disk bell and where the mounting point is for the Brembo caliper; the bracket on the LGT must be set back farther from the mounting face compared to the STi.

No pics yet 'cause it was dark and I was RUSHING! Once I get the damn things on all four corners, there will be pics a plenty (I hope).

In sum, good news for all 4 LGT owners in this country with OZ Superleggeras!!!

^ Nice!!!! :D Thanks for the effort! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Are you one of the sacred four?

^ ?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

ROFL! :lol:

No, not me. :) The Superleggeras don't quite speak to me - but I do think that they're nice, and can see why many like them.

I'm a PFF7 guy - they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. :D Here in NE-Ohio, even for "summer" use, we need that!

To quote a great man, "I pity the fool who didn't read my initial post in this thread." Lay off b4 you hurt my sensitive feelings. Pics when actually installed.

This was a test fitment. I only bolted on the brembo caliper and disk temporarily, leaving the brake lines hooked up to the stock caliper resting on a floor jack. While it was getting dark at 9pm on Sunday night. And I had to go to work the next morning.

Take your Ritalin and have patience, my son. Soon, all will be Brembo with the world. Pics once my 3 year old gives me time to install. Then you shall see the 8th wonder of the world: OZ Superleggeras over STi Brembos without wheel spacers, a feat said impossible by the unbelieving masses. Welcome to the majic of my world!

:icon_tong :icon_tong :icon_tong :icon_tong

[Never use one word when 99 is so much more fun]

• 4 months later...

Yes, I've installed them and they look great. I just wish I could reduce the file and dimension size of my photos enough to post pics. Damn those SLR digital cameras. I'm too tech stupid to reduce the photos enough and everytime I try the computer freezes up.

And now I've put Rota Boosts on, gunmetal grey with all season tires for winter, and the dark wheels offset the Brembos so the combo looks fantastic on a garnet red wagon.

Yes, I've installed them and they look great. I just wish I could reduce the file and dimension size of my photos enough to post pics. Damn those SLR digital cameras. I'm too tech stupid to reduce the photos enough and everytime I try the computer freezes up.

And now I've put Rota Boosts on, gunmetal grey with all season tires for winter, and the dark wheels offset the Brembos so the combo looks fantastic on a garnet red wagon.

Photo Bucket. will those clear stock wheels 17". bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived