LegacyGT.com

Lexus and the deer

Well we hit a deer last night in my mom's RX300. For as hard as we hit it (going down the PA turnpike) the bumper held together really well. The deer hopped away. A hairline crack on the bumper. A plastic shield covers the headlights and did break. However, the housing inside did.

I must say that I got little upset thinking that it was supposed to have been my Legacy, since I just got the new bumper and JDM fogs.

Pull off the covers and check the inderlying structure pieces. I hit someone doing 15 and i thought the damage was minor as there was only a crease in the bumper cover. Then i pulled off the bumper cover and found that the bumper bent and pushed/pierced the radiatior. That caused one of the radiator mounts to break, etc... You can see where this is leading. Just because the surface looks really minor the damage might go deeper. To save yourself/mom headache later make sure to do a thorough inspection.

Thanks for the advice Ill go check that right now.

As for the headache, well I see my mom going to Lexus in two years for a new RX....kinda bugs me cause she wants to use insurance and I had to pay outta my own pocket for my bumper. And Im keepin the Legacy for longer than her Lexus.

Archived