LegacyGT.com

No Outback VDC for 2007

rsholland

Welcome to the site.

You gotta use the search function, Subaru got rid of the VDC model, but is adding VDC to most of the legacy range.

My mistake, but I believe only the Spec.B got VDC.

Bob

what a retard for not using your search button--jk

some people just want you to see it thier way.

No need to listen to ole heights. He needs to do a little search himself

No sweat. Joe's site is really good. However, I remember reading from threads on here that more than the specB will have VDC. However, I think you have to order nav and an auto to get it. I could be mistaken, but that is what I remember. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Check out the first post in this thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35139&highlight=VDC

Thanks. I've seen Jon's post before, but I missed the bit about VDC and the automatic & NAVI. Unless I'm missing it, I don't see anything about the Outback VDC being dropped, however.

Bob

I think it is just the model that was called VDC, a top of the line one with the 3.0 H6. From what I understand, you can get VDC with an outback XT the same way with the legacy-- get auto and navi

That would be good. Maybe it's the same with the LL Bean too? Subaru needs to spread VDC around to other models, not delete it.

Bob

Good news here folks...

All Outback H6 Models and all Outback 2.5 XT models will come with VDC. Only the Legacy 2.5 GT 5EAT NAVI and Legacy GT spec.B will have VDC.

That makes a total of 9 Legacy/Outbacks that will have VDC... as opposed to the current number of 1.

Got that from someone supposedly in the know.

Bob

whoops, I noticed I goofed (the LGT has VTD in the 5AT I meant to write the OBXT duh). What is annoying is I know how cheap VDC is to implement and why SOA isn't pushing it on all models (and most if not all trim levels) is beyond me. It may be a matter of when but this is a feature that cannot be overlooked in today's car market.

whoops, I noticed I goofed (the LGT has VTD in the 5AT I meant to write the OBXT duh). What is annoying is I know how cheap VDC is to implement and why SOA isn't pushing it on all models (and most if not all trim levels) is beyond me. It may be a matter of when but this is a feature that cannot be overlooked in today's car market.

I couldn't agree more. Subaru has a long history of dragging their feet when it comes to implimenting upgrades, and/or make questionable product content decisions. They often are a step behind the competition, and rarely a step ahead.

Bob

I couldn't agree more. Subaru has a long history of dragging their feet when it comes to implimenting upgrades, and/or make questionable product content decisions. They often are a step behind the competition, and rarely a step ahead.

Bob

I wouldn't go that far, I'd say more overly conservative. Look at the Toyota and the recalls its had lately on the new Avalon and Prius. Look at Acura and its recalls on 2gen 3.2TLs and MDXs for trannies, heck the 05 RL had some nasty elec glitches w/ it. Subaru is relatively recall free so I'll take feet dragging over rushing to market any day.

I wouldn't go that far, I'd say more overly conservative. Look at the Toyota and the recalls its had lately on the new Avalon and Prius. Look at Acura and its recalls on 2gen 3.2TLs and MDXs for trannies, heck the 05 RL had some nasty elec glitches w/ it. Subaru is relatively recall free so I'll take feet dragging over rushing to market any day.

VDC should have been available to more models earlier than this year. The 5EAT should have been available for all models, not just the top models. The 6-speed should have been on the '06 Spec.B, not the '07 model.

I'm not questioning their desire to be recall-free, I'm questioning their decisions to "trickle" the good stuff in soooooooooo slowly. They're barely staying even with the competition. They're not gaining ground.

To me those are all marketing decisions, and have little to do with making trouble-free cars.

Bob

VDC should have been available to more models earlier than this year. The 5EAT should have been available for all models, not just the top models. The 6-speed should have been on the '06 Spec.B, not the '07 model.

I'm not questioning their desire to be recall-free, I'm questioning their decisions to "trickle" the good stuff in soooooooooo slowly. They're barely staying even with the competition. They're not gaining ground.

To me those should be marketing decisions... but with SOA it's obviously the accountants who wear the pants

Bob

*fixed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived