LegacyGT.com

MB C240 Kompressor - quick?

Anyone familiar with the C240 Kompressor? Anyone driven one? Official 0-60 #s?

The other day, I was at a stop light with one. We were totally even at the top of (my) 1st gear (then I backed off - no racing for me ;)).

The dude driving the Benz did not appear to be a tuner-type (older gent, with a suit on) and it looked stock.

So, my question is: is the C240 Kompressor as quick as the LGT, or should I just chalk this up to lame driving on my part? (I did not launch. Again, no racing for me.) :lol:

sorry man, but its the lame driving.

The c230 kompressor (my mother has one) with an AT is 0-60 in around 7-8 seconds.

Modern Racer:

0-60 mph : 7.5 sec.(manual), 8.0 sec.(automanual)

0-¼ mile : 16.0 sec @ 85.0 mph(estimated)

If it was the c240 its even worse because no supercharger so even slower. The MT could be a couple tenths quicker but should be no match for the LGT especially MT.

That said if you didnt launch the LGT and just rolled you lost most of our initial launch advantage and were prob bogged down off-boost, especially if the guy was driving an AT and just mashed it. But you would still have pulled hard as speeds increased.

It was definitely a Kompressor/Sport (I saw the badges).

By the looks of him (I know, you can't judge a book... but...), he was driving an AT and he just mashed it.

We were at a dead stop and my RPM's were low when I engaged my clutch. (I was not expecting to have to pull!)

That's my excuse, and I'm going with it - low RPM's/no launch. :lol:

Now, on a closed course knowing I was gonna drag I, of course, would've launched aggessively....

It was definitely a Kompressor/Sport (I saw the badges).

By the looks of him (I know, you can't judge a book... but...), he was driving an AT and he just mashed it.

We were at a dead stop and my RPM's were low when I engaged my clutch. (I was not expecting to have to pull!)

That's my excuse, and I'm going with it - low RPM's/no launch. :lol:

Now, on a closed course knowing I was gonna drag I, of course, would've launched aggessively....

Weve all been there, if you get caught off boost even minivans will give you a hard time :)

Ever see the "Top Gear" episode where they pit the Lancer Evo against a ford Pinto/festiva (?) both in 5th gear and b/c the Evo was out of boost the POS pinto slowly reeled it in and passed it. (until the Evo hit boost awhile later then ate the pintos lunch)

Weve all been there, if you get caught off boost even minivans will give you a hard time :)

Ever see the "Top Gear" episode where they pit the Lancer Evo against a ford Pinto/festiva (?) both in 5th gear and b/c the Evo was out of boost the POS pinto slowly reeled it in and passed it. (until the Evo hit boost awhile later then ate the pintos lunch)

Actually, the Evo never caught the other car, they ran out of runway. Did you see the turning radius bit though? Ridiculous! I can't believe a car of that size needs so much space to turn around!

i have a 2005 c230 kompressor and all i can say off idle the c230 is quicker to 20 ft. but that is it(considering both LGT and C230 are auto, MT different story). the c230 is only 1.8 liter w/ 189hp so its no rocket but it does have excellent handling and braking so in the twisties, watch out.

Archived