LegacyGT.com

Steering Wheel radio controls

ercdvs

Basicly to make a long story short here we are only dealing with 2 wires (technicaly there are 4, the remaining 4 pins on ST4. remember there are 5 and pin #5 is the horn) but 2 wires are for illumination and on AT cars that is all set and are allready wired (don't know about MT's). On the wiring diagram 5EAT legacys use 2 pins for the shift control - pins 2 and 4, and on a legacy with audio controls it uses pins 1 and 2, pin # 3 is the ground. It's just a matter of removing the 2 shift wires and splicing the 2 to the stereo. YOU STILL have to add the 2 wires because the wire that would connect to pin 1 is blank on my connector.

Disclaimer - It might not be 100% but in theory I think that would work, any suggestions or corrections would be helpful and appreciated

thanks

which vacation pic details the wiring of the switches and radio ?

I found one that shows the proper resistances to the connector.. but thats about it

EDIT: found some useful ones ..but not all yet.. accoring to the diagram.. the at controls for a 5 sp turbo use THREE wires... pin 2(GR) 4(Sb) 3(BW) on the roll connector

:munch: I have an automatic and would rather have radio controls than shift buttons. I wish you luck.

If you're serious, Mark, I am 99% certain we could do this to your car if you're comfortable with losing the shifter controls. It wouldn't take us but more than 2 hours TOPS. (Seriously, maybe just an hour).

Archived