LegacyGT.com

Subaru Posts Strong May 2006 Sales

SUBARU OF AMERICA POSTS STRONG MAY SALES

CHERRY HILL, N.J., June 1, 2006 -- Subaru of America, Inc. today reported its second best May sales month ever, with sales totaling 16,406 units. This total represents a 13 percent increase over the same period last year. Year-to-date sales are also up 3 percent compared with last year.

Both the Subaru Impreza and Forester lines were up 18 percent, with the Subaru Impreza posting 3,152 unit sales and Subaru Forester totaling 4,160 units for the month. The Subaru B9 Tribeca also recorded a strong 1,481 units for the month of May. The Subaru Legacy model line posted a total of 7,197 units, with Subaru Outback posting 5,065 units for the month. Subaru Baja recorded 416 units in May.:)

For a complete sales chart and additional information about Subaru of America, Inc. and Subaru vehicles, visit our media website at www.media.subaru.com.

link to full stats

http://vocuspr.vocus.com/vocuspr30/Temp/Sites/1571/496adcb833fc4b6db4823d4b35001295/Subaru_May_Sales_4_WEB%20final.doc

2132 Legacys for the month... Wow. (minus the outbacks)

Only the Tribeca sold fewer units... and the discontinued Baja.

I hope they are satisifed, because unless something changes, mine won't be added to that sales number. I know that makes little or no difference, but maybe there are others like me who are just as dissappointed.

IWSS, wait for the 08 if you must... Who knows, the next-gen Impreza or Forester may catch your eye also. Remember, we have a new (return) guy in Marketing and with any luck he'll get the Leggy back on track in sedan/wagon form not just Outback form (no offence to you OB owners).

IWSS, wait for the 08 if you must... Who knows, the next-gen Impreza or Forester may catch your eye also. Remember, we have a new (return) guy in Marketing and with any luck he'll get the Leggy back on track in sedan/wagon form not just Outback form (no offence to you OB owners).

No offense taken. My wife's OBXT is the reason I want a Legacy Wagon 6MT spec.B! In blue with black interior...

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Gods, how long do I have to wait? I have already waited about two years due to my own financial obligations. Being responsible, not incurring debt, paying bills, working on the house... pleasing the wife's sense of fiscal responsibility... I am not complaining. I am in a better position to buy a new car because of that...

But now I have to wait for SOA to offer decent options, too? BAH!

I have no assurances nor confidence that SOA will make any better decisions next year than they have this year or last year. My faith in their decisionmaking is completely dispelled.

If financial obligations mandate, I will wait longer... but not for SOA. I may not even support them with a new car sale this year... I may buy used, rather than new, due to their inflexibility.

My truck just turned over 100k miles the other day. Now it has a shorting out turn signal switch in the steering column, which after ~20 seconds stops flashing and starts smoldering. Yeah. Great. The part cost $60 bucks.

I want a newer, more fun, and more efficient vehicle before the 08 Legacy comes out, not that the 08 Legacy will be any more than a facelifted version of the artificially handicapped USDM option-bungled Legacy. Such a shame that SOA treats such a nice car like a red-headed step child.

An impreza is too small for what I am looking for, and the coming redesign probably will be, as well. I already have a small car, and the next one needs more practicality than that. And I definitely DO NOT want an SUV, Forester, B9, or otherwise. My wife doesn't even like wagons, as they are too pedestrian looking.

Gods, how long do I have to wait? I have already waited about two years due to my own financial obligations. Being responsible, not incurring debt, paying bills, working on the house... pleasing the wife's sense of fiscal responsibility... I am not complaining. I am in a better position to buy a new car because of that...

But now I have to wait for SOA to offer decent options, too? BAH!

I have no assurances nor confidence that SOA will make any better decisions next year than they have this year or last year. My faith in their decisionmaking is completely dispelled.

If financial obligations mandate, I will wait longer... but not for SOA. I may not even support them with a new car sale this year... I may buy used, rather than new, due to their inflexibility.

My truck just turned over 100k miles the other day. Now it has a shorting out turn signal switch in the steering column, which after ~20 seconds stops flashing and starts smoldering. Yeah. Great. The part cost $60 bucks.

I want a newer, more fun, and more efficient vehicle before the 08 Legacy comes out, not that the 08 Legacy will be any more than a facelifted version of the artificially handicapped USDM option-bungled Legacy. Such a shame that SOA treats such a nice car like a red-headed step child.

An impreza is too small for what I am looking for, and the coming redesign probably will be, as well. I already have a small car, and the next one needs more practicality than that. And I definitely DO NOT want an SUV, Forester, B9, or otherwise. My wife doesn't even like wagons, as they are too pedestrian looking.

Man, look at the difference in generations of the Legacy... cut SOA some slack. The 05/06 is an exponential leap over the 04> and they are listening to both customers present and future and balancing that with sales results. I think the 07 is a total step and a major one in the right direction and 08 will be icing on the cake. If you keep waiting then you will never get to enjoy a Legacy because the next one will always be better--gotta jump in the pond.

I understand your point... But I am not sure I agree with you.

Previous gen -> current gen Legacy. Yes. Big improvement. If it hadn't been, I would not be here, nor considering Subaru.

05 -> 06... No more interior color choice. BAD. No More manual transmission with the wagon. BAD, but doesn't affect me much. Better side impact results. Better. Spec B - mixed bag...

06 -> 07... No more Garnet Red/Black Interior. No Blue/Black Interior. I don't want silver, grey, black, or white. BAD. Maybe not a big deal for others. No go for me. Spec B better than 06, equipment wise, WORSE appearance-wise, probably still too expensive for it's content. No color choice at all. Good that rear seats now fold on the Sedan, and aux input to the stereo. Great... since I can't get the car in a decent color that I like.

So... Lets RECAP. Once Again. Some good additions, and some really stupid restrictions. Do I get the folding rear seats and aux input with an 07 that I don't like the colors... or do I get an 05 or an 06 with a better color choice, without the practical rear seats and input for my iPod.

I think it sucks that that is a choice I have to make. Colors should be available on the 07. GUESS WHAT???? BLUE/BLACK IS available in JAPAN! No valid excuse for SOA.

I am sorry, I don't give SOA credit for making really boneheaded decisions, even if the legacy is a good platform underneath.

The next legacy might be better, but it could potentially be WORSE.

There are other cars on the market, too. I am being forced to re-open my consideration for the RX8, as well.

It is getting Aux-in, a nice new blue color with black leather, as well as having HIDs, 6MT, less weight and better handling, and is more of a sports car.

But it also has less all-weather traction, more engine heat, and less interior space, and not as out-right fast, and just as bad, possibly worse gas mileage as the Legacy GT.

I still prefer the Legacy... but if subaru is going to make it difficult... there are other cars on the market that aren't total crap, no matter how good we all think Subarus are mechanically.

They have been putting subliminal messages in every day theres a winding road...

if you listen very closely.. you can hear "goooooo buyyyy a suuuubaruuuu"

LOL

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

OT, but my old 1999 Ranger work truck did the exact same thing! BTW, do your door ajar sensors still work? All of the ones at work failed in the couple years, so basically the truck thinks the doors are open all the time. I think we just ended up pulling the dome light bulbs since they were on all the time. Even with these minor issues, they did all run good to past 200K miles.

Pissing off conquest buyers like me (I've not owned a subaru, YET) is even worse for their business model. It doesn't help them gain marketshare that they badly need.

Wait, so color choice is your main beef with Subaru?

lol im sorry but wrb cannot be made with every vehicle. if you like the color get a wrx/sti

the 6k difference from my 03 wrx to the lgt was WAY worth it. there are a lot of people that feel the same way aparently.

the 08 looks like it is going to have a lot of cool changes, i will most likely spend the extra 3-5k difference to get one when they come out.

OrangeTea, do you feel like buying a 30 thousand dollar piece of equipment that you aren't completely satisfied with?

Especially when, if you are willing to be unsatisfied, one could buy used and save a lot of money?

Color choice, AND the fact that the Spec B is likely going to be extremely limited in configuration while still being quite expensive are my two major beefs with SOA.

I didn't say I wouldn't buy a Subaru. I said I am really questioning whether I should buy a NEW subaru. If I want limitations, I can just buy whatever used LGT I can find.

GILegacy... Yes, I would prefer WR blue. I am not asking that SOA do that, though.

They are getting a new blue color, Newport Blue Pearl, which seems fine to me... but they refuse to offer it with a black interior, which I am having trouble with.

I don't like the taupe interior, nor do I like the other paint colors.

I do like Garnet Red Pearl, but that color is gone for 07. Buying an 05-06 means that I don't get the folding rear seats or the input for my ipod, both of which, I have been looking forward to, and would definitely use.

I am upset that Subaru has irrationally made this choice hard for me. Putting a black interior in the Newport Blue Pearl cars for 07 would probably solve it quite easily. Even if I had to order, wait, and pay a slight bit more for it... but no.

Not cancelling Garnet Red Pearl would have provided an alternative.

Offering the Spec B in other colors like Newport Blue would probably get me to buy an 07 Spec B, and spend more money with Subaru... but they won't.

These are all VERY SIMPLE THINGS... and the fact that SOA does NONE of them makes my choice more difficult than it should have to be.

And I am not considering a WRX. I need a bigger car than that, and not an unrefined toy, but an actual comfortable mile-eater, in addition to being fun to drive.

yeah, thats why i traded up I needed the space. I also needed a car soon since i would be going to training and the wife would be left with a modified car she doesnt know what to do with, and didnt want to get the honda or nissan(we were looking at both), too plain nothing special. I will pay the 3-5 difference in 3 years to get a slightly used 08, and not complain about it at all. Im very happy with my vehicle right now and i love the silver.

Archived