LegacyGT.com

Cleansweep and fader

mevanvt

I have searched for this and found nothing out yet. I was thinking of running just a front stage and a sub with no rear fill. What I was wondering is can I hook up the cleansweep and calibrate it with the fader at zero and then use the fader to control the sub output? If i want less bass fade it to the front, if i want more fade it back? I know people do this with head units but I don't know how the cleensweep will react to it.

Another question, how do those of you who have no rear fill like it? I faded my stock setup to the front and it sounded decent, probably something I could get used to especially with a nice set of comps.

-Mike

It might work when using the factory radio as a source, but when you use the Aux input there is no way to adjust the balance or fader with the factory head unit.

Damn, I wasn't even thinking of that. I will rarely be using the factory unit because I plan to hook my satellite radio right into the cleansweep.

sounds like you really are lookign for a line out for the sub for 15$, rather than a 300$ cleasweep.

I'm going to put amped components up front. Sorry about my first post not stating that.

Cleansweep takes the signal from your factory head unit and fixes the sound and then sends it to your after market amp and allows you to hookup another source vIa the Aux input. When you are using that source the cleansweep is your preamp and your factory head unit is not being used at all.

i think the only way to do this is with an additional Loc or an amp with a remote volume control.

Cleansweep takes the signal from your factory head unit and fixes the sound and then sends it to your after market amp and allows you to hookup another source vIa the Aux input. When you are using that source the cleansweep is your preamp and your factory head unit is not being used at all.

i think the only way to do this is with an additional Loc or an amp with a remote volume control.

I will either have to deal w/ no bass control or get an additional LOC. Anyone have any recommendations on LOC's that would serve this purpose? I'm looking into elemental designs and only the nine.1 has a remote gain knob. I'm looking into the nine.2x coupled with a 13Ov.2 and the eDi 6500's coupled with either a nine.2 or a nine.4

edit: Wouldn't I want a line driver as opposed to a LOC to adjust just the gain on the sub amp?

16psibrick what do you tend to couple with the 6500's? The nine.4 seems better matched but over at their forums a lot of people say the nine.2 is perfectly matched for them. I don't plan on running any rear fill.

edit 2: 16psibrick I was also wondering if you have ever coaxially or "braxially like the cdt's" mounted the 6500s? This is probably what I would do and wanted to know your experience. Also for the 6500's do you know what spacer size is needed?

-Mike

i might not be understanding you correctly, but if I am.....

I had front stage with no rear stage and a sub in the trunk with a cleansweep (same as you). I connected the headunit to the cleansweep, and then connected the cleansweep to the amp (using RCAs) for the front stage speakers. To get the signal for the sub, I used an output from the speaker amp and connected it to the sub amp (via RCAs once again). And then to control the bass, I just ran a bass control knob from the sub amp to the front of the car (thus, i had two knobs in front, one for cleansweep and one for sub). I hope that helps.

As for how the sound is without a rear stage...for the rear passengers, its not too great, but for the driver and passenger, I couldnt really tell a difference. Good luck.

if you buy a 5 channel amp, or a 4 channel amp with remote bass control (jl4300) you can power your components no problem and then use the remote bass control to get the subs. i dont know if edesign does anything like that, but if you are thinking about going with edesign, let me know. i can probably introduce you to someone that can get you a discount. ~20% off

if you buy a 5 channel amp, or a 4 channel amp with remote bass control (jl4300) you can power your components no problem and then use the remote bass control to get the subs. i dont know if edesign does anything like that, but if you are thinking about going with edesign, let me know. i can probably introduce you to someone that can get you a discount. ~20% off

I am probably goign to stick with ED just so that i have the same amps. I'd mix it up and get a jl 500.1 and a nine.2 but the jl is much more expensive. To get a remote bass knob w/ ED you need to get the nine.1 which is much more power than I'm looking for. I wont' be purchasing this stuff for a while so I still have some time to decide. I might look into JBL amps b/c they may have a remote bass knob, that or kicker but the ED nine.2x 600w rms @4 ohms looks like a great deal.

Stay away from JBL amps. We just picked them up (thanks corporate) and they sound like complete and utter ass

Back when I got my old sub they were a nice cheap decent sounding true rated amp. Have they slipped up some or have my tastes changed?

I have searched for this and found nothing out yet. I was thinking of running just a front stage and a sub with no rear fill. What I was wondering is can I hook up the cleansweep and calibrate it with the fader at zero and then use the fader to control the sub output? If i want less bass fade it to the front, if i want more fade it back? I know people do this with head units but I don't know how the cleensweep will react to it.

Another question, how do those of you who have no rear fill like it? I faded my stock setup to the front and it sounded decent, probably something I could get used to especially with a nice set of comps.

-Mike

Not to step on any toes here but the 3Sixty allows you to control the subwoofer output with the control if you dont need (or want) to control the master volume with it.

Not to step on any toes here but the 3Sixty allows you to control the subwoofer output with the control if you dont need (or want) to control the master volume with it.

After doing some more research I have found a remote volume controller. It is just a potentiometer that you plug the rca's into and it outputs to another set. It is made by Dave Navone but other companies also make them. http://www.autosound2000.com/linedrivers.htm Does any one have any experience with a product like this? Also would it be a problem to run rca's to the front of the car and then back for a total of probaby 20-30 ft of rca's in 2 cables from the CS in the trunk to the volume control and back?

I don't plan on buying this stuff for at least another month or 2 but I want to be ready when I do.

Also where do most people mount their CS's. It seems like most people put them in the spare tire area which is what I planned on doing but others have put them under the front seat or other places up front. This would allow for a shorter total rca run for the sub amp.

-Mike

Archived